What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Throw in Hassett too

Player of the year in Ball
Man of the match in City v Country the other week.

No one will be ready to go next season but 2024 who knows

I'd be hoping Mav and Lisati would be pushing for some time off the bench next season, not regulars but if they stay fit and have a good preseason they should be ready to dip their toes in.

Iamback

Coach
I'd be hoping Mav and Lisati would be pushing for some time off the bench next season, not regulars but if they stay fit and have a good preseason they should be ready to dip their toes in.

Hopefully they stay in NSW Cup now to be at that stage.

Lisati is Development contract but Mav is FT could play from round 1

Big Mick

Referee
Hassett & Teague have signed with Dolphins sorry to break the news guys…It was hinted at in last wks papers & those are the 2.
Shame if true.

Really wish Bennett would f**k off tbh.

Knew there would be some NSW Cup going with Sean O'Sullivan here as an Op for his dad but it's a shame to lose some of the talented kids too.

Crashtest

Juniors
Well well well, Marshall King to the Dolphins, We should have made a play for this guy. Watch him excel under Wayne, would have done a job for us. With him and Matterson added Dolphins look so much better, if they can get Munster the following year I think they would have done a excellent job.
Why would we make a play for Marshall King? Even the last place team in the comp didn’t think he was good enough to be their starting hooker, so why would the best team want him?

Kenny and Luke are both better than Marshall King. If we are going to sign a hooker, it neeeds to be for someone better than we already have.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Why would we make a play for Marshall King? Even the last place team in the comp didn’t think he was good enough to be their starting hooker, so why would the best team want him?

Kenny and Luke are both better than Marshall King. If we are going to sign a hooker, it neeeds to be for someone better than we already have.
He's actually been ok. Probably a better full time 9 than Kenny but Mitch is the better overall player

Panfa

Juniors
Jake Turpin has asked for a release from the broncos what do you guys think about the panthers possibly signing him if available.

The Realist

Juniors
You have to fill a 30-34 man roster.

Depth is a key component to success even during periods where injuries are not a major factor.

You can’t keep losing quality players or fringe first graders in the manner we are doing and continue to expect success.

Something has to give at some point, and while J’Maine is not needed currently whose to say what could be the situation in six weeks time if key players get injured during origin.

Maybe we are relying on the Melbourne Storm model for success but 2023 is shaping up as a tough ask. I watched Luke Garner closely on the weekend, albeit for the first time, seriously if he is anywhere near our top 17 in 2023 after losing Kikau we are in world of hurt. He is back up 18-24 list at best.
Garner is a trash forward, shouldn’t even make our bench. I have no idea where he will fit in our team since his defence is by far his worst attribute. Lazy player who is the opposite of what this current Panthers culture is.

Whino

Bench
Well well well, Marshall King to the Dolphins, We should have made a play for this guy. Watch him excel under Wayne, would have done a job for us. With him and Matterson added Dolphins look so much better, if they can get Munster the following year I think they would have done a excellent job.

He is no better than what we have.

The Dolphins only signed him after missing out on Smith, Mahorny, and Grant. It was either him or Liddell as their 2nd hooker.
A fit Ray Stone probably starts ahead of him.
If he goes well there good luck to him.

Latest posts