What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
My issue with Kenny and Salmon on the bench is that if we get any injury in the back row early on they have to play big minutes.

Parra gained the ascendency when Kikau was off the field getting assessed.

Both will be targeted and exploited if in the line for seventy minutes plus.
I feel like that was about as good as Parra can play until Mahoney gets back to form whereas we were due for a loss and have still have a lot more in us.

Munky

Coach
I feel like that was about as good as Parra can play until Mahoney gets back to form whereas we were due for a loss and have still have a lot more in us.

Parramatta did play well and took their chances.

I'm just worried that Salmon or Kenny will line up at second rower for seventy five minutes in a final.

We benefited greatly from Melbourne's small bench in the preliminary final last year.

We need some plod on the bench who can make forty effective tackles if called upon early in a game.

Iamback

Coach
Parramatta did play well and took their chances.

I'm just worried that Salmon or Kenny will line up at second rower for seventy five minutes in a final.

We benefited greatly from Melbourne's small bench in the preliminary final last year.

We need some plod on the bench who can make forty effective tackles if called upon early in a game.

Surely if was that situation Sorensen would go to the backrow?

Hopefully that is Garner's role next year

Munky

Coach
Surely if was that situation Sorensen would go to the backrow?

Hopefully that is Garner's role next year

Putting Sorro on an edge for near a full game completely destroys the middle rotation especially with questions over Spencer's fitness with him lucky to get twenty minutes a game.

Ivan put Salmon on for Kiks against Parra and I assume that would be the plan if Martin or Kikau went down early.

It's a unlikely scenario but one the squad isn't built for, where as last year we had a rotation of Kiks, Martin and Capewell who could all play out a game if needed with minimal disruption.

Girds89

Bench
Kenny has actually surprised me in the running forward role, he goes alright. Salmon is solid, he does his job well enough and can be thrown into a lot of positions.
Completley agree. I think kenny has been awesome coming on playing a middle forward role..hes no quick by any means but he has much better leg speed around the ruck than a normal prop.

He tackles everything that moves too.

I think hes done well over the last few weeks filling that role.

Salmon has been solid too. Id probs like to see eiso in but.

Iamback

Coach
Putting Sorro on an edge for near a full game completely destroys the middle rotation especially with questions over Spencer's fitness with him lucky to get twenty minutes a game.

Ivan put Salmon on for Kiks against Parra and I assume that would be the plan if Martin or Kikau went down early.

It's a unlikely scenario but one the squad isn't built for, where as last year we had a rotation of Kiks, Martin and Capewell who could all play out a game if needed with minimal disruption.

Well Ivan wasn't at that game so maybe Webster did what was easier. Afterall the Kik's HIA didn't seem bad

We are virtually running 3 middles with Kenny there though

chrisD

Coach
12. C Smith

14. Luke/SOS
16. Martin
17. Sorensen

Is what I'd like to see given a go. Martin and Sorensen can play middle or edge from the bench as the game goes.

Iamback

Coach
Contract list

Edwards
May
Tago
Crichton
To'o
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Luke
JFH
Garner
Martin
Yeo
Kenny
Smith
Leinu
Sorensen

Staines
Turuva
Jenkins
Smith
Blacker
Mav

Development

Lisati
Henry

Original Name

Juniors
In regards to second row depth surely we're fine now? You can argue lack of strike will be a problem without Kikau but Chris Smith by the standards of back ups is pretty damn good, one of the most reliable second rowers you could get willing to play outside of a 17.

Iamback

Coach
In regards to second row depth surely we're fine now? You can argue lack of strike will be a problem without Kikau but Chris Smith by the standards of back ups is pretty damn good, one of the most reliable second rowers you could get willing to play outside of a 17.

I would still move Tago to get Turuva in the side but 4 backrowers in the squad is enough. Lisati as a development guy...Whether they do the job is another discussion altogether

betcats

Referee
Completley agree. I think kenny has been awesome coming on playing a middle forward role..hes no quick by any means but he has much better leg speed around the ruck than a normal prop.

He tackles everything that moves too.

I think hes done well over the last few weeks filling that role.

Salmon has been solid too. Id probs like to see eiso in but.

Huth is pretty unlucky not to make the bench so is Chris Smith tbh, on form he is probably the next best backrower we have after Kiks and Martin but he loses out to Salmon due to them wanting someone who can play a few positions.

Latest posts