What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Anyone think that Blacker might eventually make a Kikau replacement? He's got the size.
In my opinion, Kikau is a once in every 10 year type of player; not sure there is anyone else in the game with his current mix of size, athleticism and skill. The closest in the game at the moment is TPJ, but the gap is huge.

We should never stop developing our players but trying to create another Kikau (I think) is futile; I would like to see us tweak what we do using the players we have available.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Let's accept that Kiks is irreplaceable, doesn't mean that another strong performer like Kiks can't be created. His unique skillset is as previous posters like Cold Wet have said, a once in a 10 or even 20 year skillset. Personally, I wish Villiame the best in his career and look forward to the next lump of clay we mold into a special player..it's a bit of a gift of ours..

BossleyPanther

Juniors
In my opinion, Kikau is a once in every 10 year type of player; not sure there is anyone else in the game with his current mix of size, athleticism and skill. The closest in the game at the moment is TPJ, but the gap is huge.

We should never stop developing our players but trying to create another Kikau (I think) is futile; I would like to see us tweak what we do using the players we have available.
we should go to Fiji and bring a few home. I have 2 spare bed rooms :)

hindy111

Post Whore

I'd say Fafita who if in a good set up would be more explosive and I'd love to see Jim in a good club. Imagine Kikau at the Titans. Be average.
Shaun Lanes offloading is as good but his run game isn't close to Kikau. He is a plodder .
Kikaus the best attacking 2nd rower in comp.
He average 23 tackles, 96mtrs, has 4 line breaks and 11 line break assists.
Lane has same line breaks, 6 LBAS, averages 106mtrs, 29 tackles and a higher tackle efficiency in a side that has shit house defense.
Kikau in a poor defensive side would struggle a little.

What I see is a great system. And great side where everyone looks great. I highly doubt a lot of these players would look anywhere near as good in a shit side. You wear opponents down, they become tired, everyone looks better. Easier to damage the defensive line.

How he goes at the Dogs depends on how others go. They should have a fairly strong side.
I do hope Burton squeezes every drop out of the orange for 2024. I still beleive he will get offers of 1.1million once Nov 1 comes. I get a feeling he will be the Dolphins HUGE NAME. 5 mill for 4 yrs.

Black Panther

Juniors
I'd say Fafita who if in a good set up would be more explosive and I'd love to see Jim in a good club. Imagine Kikau at the Titans. Be average.
Shaun Lanes offloading is as good but his run game isn't close to Kikau. He is a plodder .
Lane has same line breaks, 6 LBAS, averages 106mtrs, 29 tackles and a higher tackle efficiency in a side that has shit house defense.

What I see is a great system. And great side where everyone looks great. I highly doubt a lot of these players would look anywhere near as good in a shit side. You wear opponents down, they become tired, everyone looks better. Easier to damage the defensive line.

How he goes at the Dogs depends on how others go. They should have a fairly strong side.
I do hope Burton squeezes every drop out of the orange for 2024. I still beleive he will get offers of 1.1million once Nov 1 comes. I get a feeling he will be the Dolphins HUGE NAME. 5 mill for 4 yrs.
I tend to think you are right about Burton.. I imagine Bennett would always have a plan B or C when it comes to marquee signings. Would love it if he joined the Dolphins and became the face of the new Franchise.
And egg on Gould’s face too..

Murraymob1

Juniors

Roosters keary is one conclusion assy from retiring medically .Burton is a good fit for them

Hooked

Juniors
The dummies at Fox sports have woken up a week and a half later.

Panthers hoping to poach former junior to reunite May brothers: Transfer Whispers​

The Panthers are reportedly interested in signing Roosters young gun Terrell May.

Brothers Tyrone and Taylan have already pulled on the Penrith jersey and the youngest of the three has been a revelation on the wing in 2022, earning a new contract.

Taylan signed a two-year contract extension at the start of the month, only weeks after Terrell made his NRL debut.
Ironically, Terrell was a Panthers junior but made his first NRL appearance came against his former club in Round 11.

According to WWOS, the Penrith and Sydney sides are now currently battling for the prop’s signature.

The lure of returning home alongside his brother will be a factor in his decision, but with a number of forwards departing the Roosters such as Sio Siua Taukeiaho and Daniel Suluka-Fifita, there may be more opportunity at the Tricolours.

Both clubs are currently in a salary cap squeeze but May’s signature would likely be a cheap one.

May would be fighting for a bench spot at the Panthers, with Moses Leota and James Fisher-Harris locking down the starting spots.

Spencer Leniu, Scott Sorensen and Matt Eisenhuth currently fight it out for the bench spots in Ivan Cleary’s line-up and would make up May’s competition.

Kilkenny

Coach
Dunno about this - we've been using this kind of disclaimer for many, many years. I always thought it was a Gould mandate to be honest.
It’s a nothing statement, no dig at anybody. We’re above that. I’m sure other clubs use similar types of statements around mid season signings.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I assumed he would go to the Bulldogs

It will be fascinating to see what happens. Will Gould and co want a rookie coach ? Gould has said no to this in the past. Will he change his mind. Will they choose to stick with Potter.

I know Ciraldo can't stay forever, unless Cleary moves onto a coaching director role. Is that in the future. Apparently the Dolphins are after him too ? So who knows.

Latest posts