What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Whino

Bench
With 2 other clubs after a head coach it has been pretty stupid by the Tigers to put all their eggs in the Ciraldo basket. They should have talked to other options.
Now they are back to square one and behind the chase.

Last edited:

Whino

Bench
It will be fascinating to see what happens. Will Gould and co want a rookie coach ? Gould has said no to this in the past. Will he change his mind. Will they choose to stick with Potter.

I know Ciraldo can't stay forever, unless Cleary moves onto a coaching director role. Is that in the future. Apparently the Dolphins are after him too ? So who knows.

Gould is a weather vane. Who knows.
Ciraldo won't leave to be an assistant elsewhere.
I hope this is the end of the rumours this season about him.

Girds89

Bench
If wayne bennett had any clue hed sign charlie as a fb for 12 months for 200k.

Hes upside and potential is there. 200k is extremley low risk and charlie would take 12 months under wayne.

But hes chasing the golden million buck fb.

Cant help but feel waynes losing touch..

Some of the dolphins signings have been strange..

Given what charlie has shown this year in fg and how ges handled going back to ressies so well than i think he still has a career in the nrl..

12 months ago i thought maybe hes career would be in the sl but hes shown enough to play more nrl

Kilkenny

Coach
If wayne bennett had any clue hed sign charlie as a fb for 12 months for 200k.

Hes upside and potential is there. 200k is extremley low risk and charlie would take 12 months under wayne.

But hes chasing the golden million buck fb.

Cant help but feel waynes losing touch..

Some of the dolphins signings have been strange..

Given what charlie has shown this year in fg and how ges handled going back to ressies so well than i think he still has a career in the nrl..

12 months ago i thought maybe hes career would be in the sl but hes shown enough to play more nrl
Charlie’s career is in the ESL.

There is no future for him in the NRL.

Just another fullback who is just too small, just not quite Paps ability. Just not quick enough.

Smug Panther

First Grade
The Roosters will make a play for Matt Burton it is a given.

They won’t have to move anyone on, Luke Keary retiring will be enough for them to get the deal done.

Not the money you were suggesting but $800 a season maybe a little more.
If they don't sign Munster

hindy111

Post Whore
Charlie’s career is in the ESL.

There is no future for him in the NRL.

Just another fullback who is just too small, just not quite Paps ability. Just not quick enough.

You don't think he is as fast as Papa?

I'd probably agree with you but at the same time he hasn't had a chance. He is bigger then Dane Laurie.

Crashtest

Juniors
How awesome is Martin and his attitude and passion towards the Panthers. Looks like we don’t have to worry about losing him to another cashed up club. This is a quote from him in an SMH article.

Signed until the end of 2023 and targeting a three-year deal, Martin is naturally in line for an upgrade on his estimated $400,000 salary, given he has become an Origin regular in the past 18 months.

It’s a talking point, that is, until Martin starts talking.

“Re-signing with Penrith,” he says before the question is even finished. “I want it done, and with what we’re building out there, I absolutely want to stay. I’m sure it’ll get sorted and I want to be at Penrith.

“The reality of it is the salary cap and I think already guys are taking a little bit less to keep us together. Except for Nath [Cleary] of course – that’s where the money’s all gone.
“But that’s something I’m pretty comfortable with doing because I’m happy at the club.”

Girds89

Bench
There is a reason he can't hold a first-grade spot here. He doesn't have it.
Haha cant hold a spot in the team thats only lost a few games in the last few year and has huge competition for spots!!

Cmon mate...

Ive never been a big believer in staines but hes shown enough improvement this year to suggest he is capable of continued improvement and that he can handle the tough stuff in the top grade. Whilst hes not as quick as some though he was he still has good speed.

I think hes shown enough on the wing this year and has been really good at fb in ressies and was very good for samoa last night.

Hes still young too. I dont think he stays with us purely because we cant afford to be paying him what we are for nsw cup.

But he is plenty good enough for other teams on the wing or potentially fb.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Haha cant hold a spot in the team thats only lost a few games in the last few year and has huge competition for spots!!

Cmon mate...

Ive never been a big believer in staines but hes shown enough improvement this year to suggest he is capable of continued improvement and that he can handle the tough stuff in the top grade. Whilst hes not as quick as some though he was he still has good speed.

I think hes shown enough on the wing this year and has been really good at fb in ressies and was very good for samoa last night.

Hes still young too. I dont think he stays with us purely because we cant afford to be paying him what we are for nsw cup.

But he is plenty good enough for other teams on the wing or potentially fb.
Out ran the Fox. That's quick enough for me but yeah his future is at another club

We have signed Marcie Iakopo on a 3 year deal. Marcie plays for St Clair’s Under 15. We have to sign kid even younger because Manly and other clubs are signing kids that young from our junior league.
Once they sign with another club they can’t play in the Penrith JRL anymore. So it stuff the junior league competition.
Manly (Fulton)has signed at least 3 halfbacks from our junior league.

Smug Panther

First Grade
We have signed Marcie Iakopo on a 3 year deal. Marcie plays for St Clair’s Under 15. We have to sign kid even younger because Manly and other clubs are signing kids that young from our junior league.
Once they sign with another club they can’t play in the Penrith JRL anymore. So it stuff the junior league competition.
Manly (Fulton)has signed at least 3 halfbacks from our junior league.
That's excellent business from the grave for Manly