What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

John Hamblin

Juniors
Parra deserve some credit. They are up and down but seem to always be up against Penrith. They showed how good they can be against Manly without their halfback.

Parra's intensity drops off big time when Paulo and RCG are on the bench. They need to be more ruthless with and without the ball. They could do some serious damage come the playoffs but need more from players like Sivo who rarely goes looking for the ball.

Iamback

Coach
Parra deserve some credit. They are up and down but seem to always be up against Penrith. They showed how good they can be against Manly without their halfback.

Parra and Sharks are the 2 teams we have the worst record against across the last 5 years.

Neither side likes the grind, we don't do well against offloads nor can offload ourselves. That is how you beat us

Whino

Bench

Manly are stuffed. Have been for a while. You conceded too many points against them without their best player.
That being said Parra are still a dangerous opponent when they are on.

maple_69

Bench
I don’t mind the idea of Tito playing on the bench next year and coming onto the wing to give Garner/Martin a rest. Eases Tago into the backrow and if he and Tito are killing it in those roles you could make them permanent and you’ve probably upgraded on Garner and bring some much needed versatility into the 17.

Jenkins needs to figure at some point. We surely lose one of Critta and To’o after next year and he looks the guy to take that spot.

hindy111

Post Whore
Manly are stuffed. Have been for a while. You conceded too many points against them without their best player.
That being said Parra are still a dangerous opponent when they are on.

It was 7 tries to 3 at Brookvale. And the r we f denied 2 of Eels that where 50/50.
Yes Manly are dine but they are very strong at home. Minus 7 they gave a red hot Roosters side a real game.

Penrith win the comp unless they are a bit off on the day. That's a possibility in footy. If play to best they take title end of story.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Titans have signed Verrills, an astute purchase for them, it ends the Verrills to Panthers discussions on here. I personally am hoping for Soni Luke to kick on next year w Kenny backup.

Titans have signed Verrills, an astute purchase for them, it ends the Verrills to Panthers discussions on here. I personally am hoping for Soni Luke to kick on next year w Kenny backup.
Unfortunately now there’s only really Liddle left on the market. He will likely go to the Dragons so we’re stuck with Kenny/Luke.

Kilkenny

Coach
Unfortunately now there’s only really Liddle left on the market. He will likely go to the Dragons so we’re stuck with Kenny/Luke.
We couldn’t afford Verrill’s.

Personally I don’t think Liddell would be an upgrade on either Mitch Kenny or Soni Luke.

We just need to suck it up I guess and hope for the best. I think between the two they can do a job. I hate the term do a job, particularly given we are applying the same to Luke Garner.

I think we need to hope Geyer, Lisati or Riki have a really good off season and step up.

betcats

Referee
Suprised no one here has mentioned that we have tabled an offer to Jock Madden, to replace SOS

I did read that recently, I am a bit torn on it tbh, he has never really impressed me that much and we seem to have some very good halves coming through. If Falls is going I guess it makes sense to bring in someone with a bit of experience but if Falls is not going I wouldnt mind just going with he and Puru as the back ups next year, besides Puru we also have Jack Cole and now Iongi playing well in reserve grade as well as young Russel-Smith playing in flegg now and he might be the best of the lot.

I like Jock Madden and think he could be a good player; I could see him kicking on like Dearden has if he played alongside a wise old head. But I like the idea of just rolling with what we have from our junior system more.

Black Panther

Juniors
Anyone know if Preston Riki will be here next season? It was rumoured that he was going back to Redcliffe earlier this year, but nothing as yet.
It would seem that if he was staying next year he would’ve been given a shot in First Grade by now, or he could be in the Hopgood situation where he is leaving why develop him catergory.

Latest posts