What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

GowersDallyM

Juniors
They signed B Smith ages ago well before Verrils started playing good consistant footy. B Smith is a gun hooker but obviously is playing like a prop off the bench at storm and looks pretty heavy atm...he will be a gun at Roosters. Roosters will have a very aggressive defensive team next year and if all fit might go all the way.

Kenny isn't even top 10 hookers currently..Luke is probably just on par with him.

snickers007

Juniors
Roosters seemed happy to release him and not many clubs seemed to be chasing him. How good is he?

I've got a feeling that when the Roosters agree to release a player, they have restrictions on who they will release to.

They won't release a player to a team who is going to threaten them. Kinda limits his options.

Iamback

Coach
Brandon Smith is a horrible hooker but they have Radley.
So he will play as for ours in a $12m salary cap, No idea how we couldn't of got an established 9.

Original Name

Juniors
I reckon he goes pretty good to be honest, do you watch the games?
Yeah he was good when he first broke into first grade then he broke his leg(?) and his service has gone to shit. He quite literally can't pass off the ground anymore. He always takes an age to pass and his service is inconsistent so his forwards can't run hard with confidence onto the ball, he's trying to engage the markers like Egan likes to do but the markers almost always slide off him onto his first receiver/forward hitting it up. He plays like a worse version of what McCullough is now, a tackle bot as his only real strength. TBH he's been lucky to even get a game this year. Paix, Walters and Gamble are all better options than him.

Are you sure you aren't getting him mixed up with Cory Paix who brings some spark to the team?

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
I haven’t heard much about the May from rooster’s rumours lately, did he resign with them?

They have cap issues, nothing registered.

I have heard we are playing it safe cap wise and if as expected the cap is $12.5m next year. It leaves us with extra to announce signings like him

Smug Panther

First Grade
Maybe, I think he has great upside, but my opinion only.

The Dragons really f**ked up with Robson. How they didn’t see a real quality player in him is beyond belief. Let Robson go and brought in an over the hill McCullough.
Hook the master coach

Whino

Bench
I've got a feeling that when the Roosters agree to release a player, they have restrictions on who they will release to.

They won't release a player to a team who is going to threaten them. Kinda limits his options.

That may be true to a point.
End of the day money talks. The Roosters didn't want to release Latrell to bitter rival Souths, they eventually struck a deal after the situation was untenable. I am sure they got the best deal they could at the time.
Once the Roosters signed Smith I knew Verallis was surplus to requirements.

Rumours that he has been offered to rival club's for months. I would guess paying out the remainder of his Rooster's deal, and taking on a player suffering from repeated concussion and injuries, no doubt limited options.
His future destination says it all.

Last edited:

Latest posts