What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

I think it was @hindy111 who said earlier this year we should let To’o walk and keep May and Staines; it is an interesting thought and given where To’o’s body is at it might be worth considering. I trust the club but I think giving Brian more than 2 years might cause us issues down the line.

I think the biggest challenge for Penrith is balancing performance and culture. We obviously want to be the community club and it is interesting that all the players that have left so far have been the ‘imports’; the kids from the country or signed from elsewhere. I wonder if this is a deliberate strategy or just coincidence, but if by design you can see the logic.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think it was @hindy111 who said earlier this year we should let To’o walk and keep May and Staines; it is an interesting thought and given where To’o’s body is at it might be worth considering. I trust the club but I think giving Brian more than 2 years might cause us issues down the line.

I think the biggest challenge for Penrith is balancing performance and culture. We obviously want to be the community club and it is interesting that all the players that have left so far have been the ‘imports’; the kids from the country or signed from elsewhere. I wonder if this is a deliberate strategy or just coincidence, but if by design you can see the logic.
Brian To’o is not dissimilar to former Panther in Josh Mansour.

His best work, is the hard yards, getting us out of our own end.

He is not particularly quick and needs a little room to manoeuvre in to finish off backline movements.

I think we need to be careful in what we offer Brian in negotiating his next deal.

Im not suggesting we don’t resign him, just think we need to be smart in terms of what we pay, not pay overs.

Iamback

Coach

It is coincidence.

The locals particularly the islanders family is king, To live and work in the area suits them. It will take a huge deal to change that

hindy111

Post Whore

Guys like To'o won't last 7yrs at the top. It's a tough game and he plays physical. You will get 5yrs top at that level. Most physical winger I've seen in a very long time.
People dish on Staines. His 2nd game in NRL at fullback without starting halves or prop. He looked good to me.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Guys like To'o won't last 7yrs at the top. It's a tough game and he plays physical. You will get 5yrs top at that level. Most physical winger I've seen in a very long time.
People dish on Staines. His 2nd game in NRL at fullback without starting halves or prop. He looked good to me.
Stains is horrid. Edwards is 5 times the fullback and wouldn't be on much more than Stains is currently...maybe 500k for Edwards and it was reported Stains is on 350k next year! May would be on less than Stains and again a way better player. It's been proven over the years the spine is the most important positions and we have the best spine in the NRL bar maybe Storm..shame we didnt let Api, Kikau and Stains go earlier and snag B Smith.

Would love to see the players wages..Cleary the most, Fish and Yeo would be pretty high but the other stars would be the 500k mark? Afew cheap players in Tago and May who are probs our best two outside backs bar Edwards.

Sorenson is a cheap Martin..I actually rate Sorenson as high as Martin atm and on 1/3 the price tag.

Spencer Leniu once given more minutes could be up with Fish and is also cheap

Panthers have got some decisions to make as we can't keep all the rep players and we have positions that need upgrading especially hooker.

maple_69

Bench
Question is if you let those three (or 1 or 2) rep players go because they want too much, how do you then utilise the cap to improve the squad?

We’re not upgrading the halves, lock or fullback. Not really possible or practical. Outside backs and middles there’s no point paying when we’re churning out the talent we are. There’s no hookers you could pay for unfortunately. Edge forward is really the only place I could see improving the side. Wouldn’t mind grabbing one or two of a Wilton/Butcher/Blore type.

Original Name

Juniors
People were just having some recently bias with Smith. He was seemingly playing through some injuries and not going well. Came back from his 3 week suspension and looked very good.
His best work, is the hard yards, getting us out of our own end.

He is not particularly quick and needs a little room to manoeuvre in to finish off backline movements.

I think we need to be careful in what we offer Brian in negotiating his next deal.

Im not suggesting we don’t resign him, just think we need to be smart in terms of what we pay, not pay overs.
What value is having a quick right winger for us anyway? They barely get any opportunities to score, being a great finisher barely matters in comparison to our left edge. To'o just clearly playing injured. His carries will have more impact and generate more momentum if he's a given a few weeks off.

Black Panther

Juniors
5 years is along time for a Rookie Coach. Guess Ciraldo likes to be told what to do and has a flog over his shoulder all the time. Which players will he take first??

Port Panther

Juniors
Gus is just pulling us apart brick by brick such a mercenary doesn't have any original plan for Bulldogs just using us as an almighty payback for Ivan getting rid of him .
Now more poaching to begin get ready for a decade lull after this season as we cant continue to be the feeder club for for all the nrl .

Latest posts