What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

GongPanther

Referee
To'o is a Penrith buy through and through. Recently bought his parents a house in the area. Yeserday on Gus' podcast, rumor has it we are connected to getting the Titan's player Faffita.

All grain of salt stuff.

Munky

Coach
To'o is a Penrith buy through and through. Recently bought his parents a house in the area. Yeserday on Gus' podcast, rumor has it we are connected to getting the Titan's player Faffita.

And he needs to make the repayments on that house.

Easier to do with a bigger salary.

mxlegend99

Referee
We might offer him $400k or so. No way another club is going to blow that out the water. Fox is on like $500k at Bulldogs and they were incredibly desperate at the time.

I cant see another club outbidding us by enough that he would leave. He loves it here.

Not like Critter. If he gets an extra $100k elsewhere IMO he leaves.

Original Name

Juniors
Maybe not, but our success has been built of the back of our back three, not just recently but even back in the Mansour/DWZ days. Our back three make more metres than any other side, give our forwards breathing space and rarely fail to deliver. It really has been a critical component of our success.

In fact, statistically our entire outside backs 1-5 almost always run for over 100 metres each and every game which no other NRL side gets close too. I think it may have been Brad Arthur or Trent Robinson who made comment that if you can’t stop the momentum created by our 1-5 you can’t beat us.
Athletic outside backs who eat metres are a dime a dozen. Those with that and with good footy smarts/instincts are a bit rarer. But there's no lack of young players in the Josh Mansour mould, especially at wing.

Iamback

Coach
We might offer him $400k or so. No way another club is going to blow that out the water. Fox is on like $500k at Bulldogs and they were incredibly desperate at the time.

I cant see another club outbidding us by enough that he would leave. He loves it here.

An $11m salary cap in 2024, Even $500k like Fox isn't overs I doubt anyone pays much higher

Copperhead

Juniors

All grain of salt stuff.
Jojo Fifita? Now there's someone who could really blossom with us.

martielang

Bench

To’o easily gets $500k on the open market. He’s arguably the best/most important winger in the comp plus extremely marketable.

Panfa

Juniors
If I had to get rid of 1 out of the 4 being chrichton t'oo Martin Spencer I'd get rid of chrichton his work rate compared to the other 3 is way off.

Original Name

Juniors
Without knowing what each guy wants money wise talk of who should stay or go is kinda missing an important piece of what's best for the team. It's all about value for money. And we won't know that until negations start.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Lenu has come out in the press and stated he wants to stay but understands if he can’t that’s business.that tells me he should be our priority he is 20 and still a few years from his peak for his position.I beleive hoskings can handle Martina spot if one has to go
The cap is going up we should be okay to lose no more that 1 a year

mxlegend99

Referee
Priority to keep should be To'o / Leniu > Martin > Crichton.

Critter is a talented player but honestly not close to as important to the team as his desired wage suggests.

I hope we hold off on releasing Staines to see how the situation with others plays out. If we lost both To'o and Critter we would be needing to rebuild a backline and Staines is a great temporary fixture while doing that.

Hell I think we could be successful with:

2. Turuva
3. May
4. Tago
5. Staines

Though i just cant see To'o leaving. Not if we're fair to him which we definitely will be.

Critter though. I just feel like he will expect us to match whatever money desperate clubs are happy to throw at him.

Latest posts