What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
You have lost me?
Johns is bad at HB and reasonably solid at five eight with a good halfback.

It's pointless because we currently have a better HB in Falls who's more versatile being a solid at five eight and a natural halfback. Along with a five eight with more potential who might already be better in Puru. Probably Cole too.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Hoskings from the broncos he is better than garner
Garner has the Luke Capewell factor in that he can play in the centre position if called upon during a game.

Hosking is obviously a late developer, which is not a bad thing, he looked decent in his couple of Broncos outings obviously no Kikau but we are resigned to not having a like for like replacement for Viliame.

maple_69

Bench
My preference from what I’ve seen of each of the guys so far is to start Hosking and Martin next year, both steely meat and two veg guys that will ensure our edge defence is as good as this year. I’d be keen to see Tago on the bench to start in the Salmon position to see how he handles it. If he’s not ready, Garner is a fine option. Best case he is and we have two sturdy starters and a guy that can add some real spark late in halves. Following year, presuming Martin goes you could run Tago/Hosking and the likes of Lisati on the bench.

Original Name

Juniors
I do think the Martin vs Hosking thing is a little bit the grass is greener on the other side having someone like Garner that you can see every week compared to Hosking who's barely played. Hosking has played two games of first grade. He looked solid and up to standard but it's not like Garner has never played two good games in a row and no here would be watching Q Cup.

Last edited:

Latest posts