What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Smug Panther

First Grade
Well he probably is a fullback, not an NRL quality fullback, if you compare him to the other 15 current NRL fullbacks.

Not sure where he would rank, but suffice to say, probably not high on the rankings list, if your club is serious about mounting a challenge for the premiership.

I am thrilled Charlie Staines got his premiership medal, deservedly so, but at the same time sadly he is surplus to requirement’s that is just the sad reality of the salary cap.
Will be a Gutho level fullback with more speed

Murraymob1

Juniors
The faults in Kenny’s game can be improved we have Brad drew on the coaching staff and Luke Priddis working for the club.Get these guys to work with both hookers on passing from the ground

mxlegend99

Referee
@Blade23

Before we jump the gun on Peachey. We should feel the Tigers out on a trade for Api instead.

After the way he insulted their club. The least we could do is take him off their hands. Staines for Api. Straight swap. Win/win for us both. Well we don't save $150k. But im sure we can find another way to do that.

Kilkenny

Coach
Apparently Martin is about to extend for 3 years as per the smh
Super player. Not sure why his ability was questioned by some during this season. He is just a really good player, instrumental in our success, a little unsung but in my opinion is one of the best back rowers in the game. His work rate in defence goes largely unappreciated he really is a very good player. Hope his resigning comes to fruition.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Super player. Not sure why his ability was questioned by some during this season. He is just a really good player, instrumental in our success, a little unsung but in my opinion is one of the best back rowers in the game. His work rate in defence goes largely unappreciated he really is a very good player. Hope his resigning comes to fruition.
I'm just of the opinion he's a better middle

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Charlie Staines was deserving of his inclusion to replace May. No question and he did his job very well.

Having said that Sunia Turuva is a more than adequate replacement, his finishing ability is something to behold and as he has demonstrated is a very good fullback, his best position. We are blessed with options as back ups to replace Dylan if need be, @nd completion for Mays spot.

age.s

First Grade
Martin looked a bit down on energy during and post origin. No shame in that, he's not the first and won't be the last player to struggle with that workload. He came back really strong in the back third of the year and was a wrecking ball in the finals.

Would be stoked to have him for the next 4 years. I think they'll be the best of his career.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Kikau is a huge loss, we have to somehow find a way to find a like for like.

Could Spencer play out wider, Riki I like , but he wasn’t given a sniff this season. Lisati seems a year or two away, still some work there in his game. Maverick seems to a middle to not likely to figure.

Personally, I think Spencer could be the ideal replacement for Kikau. Not going to play the full 80 that Kikau offers but given a full season training in the position could be our equivalent of David Fifita, granted he has been disappointing but Spencer is a weapon we somehow need to find the way to get the best out of him.

Spencers 21 minutes in the GF we’re enormous, we need to find a way for him to be enormous for 40-50 minutes per game.

Munky

Coach
Martin made less than a hundred metres combined in Origins one and three.

Also was good for a drop ball in attack every game around that period.

Like the rest of the team took it to another level the past month.

Black Panther

Juniors
NSW Cup to NRL week in week out is a huge step up.

If you watch Soni Luke closely he can do things in attack that even Api Koroisau can’t do. Whether he can replicate his attacking skills at NRL level week in week out remains to be seen, but I do think as a combination Kenny - Luke they could be very effective. Luke was MOM in NSW Cup GF don’t know who won it on Sunday but Luke must have gone close again.

Of the juniors coming thru I think Billy Scott from SG Ball could be our best long term prospect, was a little underwhelming in the Flegg GF off the bench but he has something about him. Riley Smith has been talked up, but I’m not convinced.
In regards to Billy Scott, I work with his Uncle and he too like me thinks he is just a plodder..

Kilkenny

Coach
Martin made less than a hundred metres combined in Origins one and three.

Also was good for a drop ball in attack every game around that period.

Like the rest of the team took it to another level the past month.
Kikau rarely achieves a 100 running metres per game, unless he makes a line break and runs for 20-30 metres.

Whats the point you are trying to make?

Munky

Coach
Kikau rarely achieves a 100 running metres per game, unless he makes a line break and runs for 20-30 metres.

Whats the point you are trying to make?

That without dominant prop play we don't know how good our second rowers are.

Our middle forwards and backs have been outstanding the last few seasons making metres.

Martin made thirty metres in SOO 3 which was screaming for a NSW forward to put their hand up.

Kilkenny

Coach
In regards to Billy Scott, I work with his Uncle and he too like me thinks he is just a plodder..
What the f**k would I know. Your probably right, given you have close relations but he looks a good one to me and was a standout any time I watched him this season in Ball.

Kilkenny

Coach
That without dominant prop play we don't know how good our second rowers are.

Our middle forwards and backs have been outstanding the last few seasons making metres.

Martin made thirty metres in SOO 3 which was screaming for a NSW forward to put their hand up.
You don’t think that is on the coach, the game plan, you think Liam only wanted to make a handful of hit ups. You think he stayed away from where the action was by choice?

Munky

Coach
You don’t think that is on the coach, the game plan, you think Liam only wanted to make a handful of hit ups. You think he stayed away from where the action was by choice?

Freddy: "The team is getting smashed and Tino just held Burto so Gagai can punch him scot free.

Liam I want you to stand out there doing nothing, also don't take a hit up."

Critter and Martin were not good in Origin. Which was about the same time as the contract stories began circulating.

Kilkenny

Coach
Freddy: "The team is getting smashed and Tino just held Burto so Gagai can punch him scot free.

Liam I want you to stand out there doing nothing, also don't take a hit up."

Critter and Martin were not good in Origin. Which was about the same time as the contract stories began circulating.
Do we really want to have a conversation around SOO off the back of a second consecutive premiership?

I don’t. SOO is dead to me. Means nothing. I’m still basking in the glory off the back of Sunday night.

Liam delivered on the stage that mattered.