What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
Do we really want to have a conversation around SOO off the back of a second consecutive premiership?

I don’t. SOO is dead to me. Means nothing. I’m still basking in the glory off the back of Sunday night.

Liam delivered on the stage that mattered.

You brought up the mid season criticism.

Now you don't want to engage?

Kilkenny

Coach
Seriously on the big stage, finals, our entire 17 stood up.

Freddie Fittler had a side who should have got the job done, but didn’t personally it means nothing to me, I’m all in for the Panthers.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Super player. Not sure why his ability was questioned by some during this season. He is just a really good player, instrumental in our success, a little unsung but in my opinion is one of the best back rowers in the game. His work rate in defence goes largely unappreciated he really is a very good player. Hope his resigning comes to fruition.

I really like how Martin continues to improve.

Kilkenny

Coach

At no stage did I ever question Liam Martin. Others did, not me. i stuck solid with him, why wouldn’t I. I understand why there were some who felt he was a little off, matter of opinion. I thought he was travelling fine, some didn’t, makes no difference now, the guy delivered when it mattered .

The faults in Kenny’s game can be improved we have Brad drew on the coaching staff and Luke Priddis working for the club.Get these guys to work with both hookers on passing from the ground

I‘m sure we would’ve already been doing this, but on top of that he just doesn‘t have an instinct for attack.

MrBlack

Juniors
I think Sorrenson is hugely underrated. (Maybe not so much now)

Would love to see him replace Kikau.

MrBlack

Juniors
I said as such, the entire team hit a new level in the grand final.

Easily Ivan's (and the front office) best managed season.

Brought in SOS to do a role when Nathan is out and balanced the workload across the full season.

lets hope Ivan gets the credit he deserves for the whole season prep.

not to be understated as well is the fact that Nathan missed 9 games.

Kilkenny

Coach

I have engaged. Liam Martin was enormous for us all season.

What occurred during SOO well that is on the coach Freddie Fittler. Not that I care, I only care about the Panthers.

mxlegend99

Referee
Honestly the biggest momentum swings in Origin 3 came off the back of Tupou dropping an uncontested kick when we were dominating. Which gave away a try tgat never would have been.... And Jake Trplodevic ruining a good attacking opportunity with an obstruction IIRC and a great defensive set with a huge flop when QLD were going nowhere. His 2 penalties just took all the pressure we had built off QLD and out his team under the pump.

Panthers boys can play the long grinding game but it's hard to do that when not all the players in the team are built for that.

Those huge momentum swings were impossible to wrestle back behind a forward pack that just had no intensity.

Though i was just happy we survived that game without injury. After the opening few minutes I genuinely feared for us losing a guy in that game

Munky

Coach
Honestly the biggest momentum swings in Origin 3 came off the back of Tupou dropping an uncontested kick when we were dominating. Which gave away a try tgat never would have been.... And Jake Trplodevic ruining a good attacking opportunity with an obstruction IIRC and a great defensive set with a huge flop when QLD were going nowhere. His 2 penalties just took all the pressure we had built off QLD and out his team under the pump.

Panthers boys can play the long grinding game but it's hard to do that when not all the players in the team are built for that.

Those huge momentum swings were impossible to wrestle back behind a forward pack that just had no intensity.

Though i was just happy we survived that game without injury. After the opening few minutes I genuinely feared for us losing a guy in that game

Origin 3 just showed why Freddy is a failed NRL coach (again). Bennett schooled him and Slater had his number within three games.

Slater clearly instructed to kick away from To'o. Thank f**k either Brad Arthur or Moses is too dumb to do that. The seventeenth minute of the GF was the decisive moment IMO.

Six nil up, Eels get a good play the ball forty five metres out on the last tackle.

Moses had plenty of time to measure his kick. Floater to No Man's Land or a high kick to Staines corner to pin us deep?

Neither, the tank commander does a nothing bomb straight down the middle with no kick chase direct to Edwards who runs back twenty metres and passes to To'o who is tackled forty five out. Team rolls down field

Three tackles later To'o goes over in the corner.

It was a huge moment in the match and not picked up at all in the media.

It was the sort of kick Girds was hammering Nathan about all year.

maple_69

Bench
Martin made more tackles than anyone else in the Origin series. He didn’t shy away from the action, his role was tacklebot and he did it.

He’s been streaky throughout his career, it’s be great if he can become more consistent as he hits his prime but as others have said, this year he peaked at the right time so good on him and the coaching staff. So did To’o who looked well off a few weeks out from finals.

I can’t see us keeping Leniu if we keep Martin and that bloke in the right environment is going to be dynamite once he hits his mod 20s. Nice problem to have.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Liam Martin will get like 800k off Parra to go there...that's alot of coin for a backrower when we don't have that type of coin to throw around. Didn't Fisher Harris start in the backrow/lock? Same with Yeo..thinking outside the square here but why not out fish into the second row and play Blacker at prop?

I personally think Martin will go so Sorenson and the Garner will be our starting backrowers. Keep Kenny on the bench as a starting 9 turn prop like the last few games as it worked wonders.

Let Critter and Martin go and buy a gun backrower

Frankus

Juniors
Spencer wants to start, I still say try him on an edge. barely misses tackles He can start then Garner finish the game
Interesting. Spencer is a fantastic impact middle. Transitioning to an edge he needs to add an offload of some form of passing game to his repertoire. Maybe an off-season can address that. But I still think Garner will start and take VK’s edge spot. He was very good all season in a poor Tigers team.