What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
Peachey's ability is crazy. Sowards said Peachey is the most skilfull player he played with in his entire career. I remember he was once playing FB for us he looked up at a bomb then casually took his eyes off the ball to look at the where defensive line was being formed then looked back up and caught it. I mean who does that in a game of NRL? That skill level to do that under the pressure of a kick chase is rare as hell.

As long as he applies himself and plays tough he'll be a big asset (value for money wise).

He's taken a huge pay cut. To sacrifise that much money surely he'd be dedicated about playing his best football. Or he's one of the greatest out there at fooling himself if he isn't.

betcats

Referee
By letting go of Christian and allowing Staines to go then I'm ok with Peachy coming here if it allows Turuva and Jenkins a closer look in our 17

Yep doesnt just get those two closer to the 17 but it also opens up a couple spots for the younger guys to step into the cup backline. We've lost Staines, RJ and CC now and can easily fill those spots with young guys looking to progress. This is turn opens up flegg spots for the numerous young talents we had in sg ball this year.

I'd be playing Iongi and FB in cup, Turuva wing or centres, Cole centre or five eigth. Amituani should get a cup position also wing probably. We have to much young talent to even fit into the cup side, its getting ridiculous. A number of the outside backs from SG ball this year are great prospects also. Mclean aus schoolboy this year, Sam Lane finished the year in flegg but also got a taste of cup in that semi when everyone played up. Ison was awesome in the flegg final.

mxlegend99

Referee
I truly hope no one misses out on an opportunity because of Peachey and he only gets a run if we're desperate.

We just destroyed everyone in the top 4 grades and I would rather see any (hooefully) limited opportunities we have for bench spots go to the next crop of superstars.

It's nothing against Peachey. I loved him when he was here the first time. But im hoping we have a great run with injury and only need to hit that level of depth around Origin time.

Iamback

Coach
Yep doesnt just get those two closer to the 17 but it also opens up a couple spots for the younger guys to step into the cup backline. We've lost Staines, RJ and CC now and can easily fill those spots with young guys looking to progress. This is turn opens up flegg spots for the numerous young talents we had in sg ball this year.

I'd be playing Iongi and FB in cup, Turuva wing or centres, Cole centre or five eigth. Amituani should get a cup position also wing probably. We have to much young talent to even fit into the cup side, its getting ridiculous. A number of the outside backs from SG ball this year are great prospects also. Mclean aus schoolboy this year, Sam Lane finished the year in flegg but also got a taste of cup in that semi when everyone played up. Ison was awesome in the flegg final.

Cole is a hard one, He looks to be suited for Salmon's role. Do you play him in a set position or give him a taste of a few

betcats

Referee
Cole is a hard one, He looks to be suited for Salmon's role. Do you play him in a set position or give him a taste of a few

Depends what we do with the halves in cup who we sign and whether Puru will be preferred over him for the five eight role or not. I'd be play him in the centres and five eight, not sure where else he can play at this point.

Iamback

Coach
Depends what we do with the halves in cup who we sign and whether Puru will be preferred over him for the five eight role or not. I'd be play him in the centres and five eight, not sure where else he can play at this point.

Puru should be the 6.

He plays left and right side.
He is as tall as Salmon
Taller then Kenny and only 2kg lighter.

After a pre-season on the weights, He might be big enough to fill in backrow in case of a HIA and be a Connor Watson type benchie

Munky

Coach
Puru should be the 6.

He is as tall as Salmon

After a pre-season on the weights, He might be big enough to fill in backrow in case of a HIA and be a Connor Watson type benchie

An overrated hack?

I like Watson's effort but he lacks the attribute to be good enough to play a single position at first grade level. Too slow for the outside backs, not a playmaker, no game management and bad passing. Lacks the size to be an effective forward.

At least Kenny can tackle.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
An overrated hack?

I like Watson's effort but he lacks the attribute to be good enough to play a single position at first grade level. Too slow for the back, not a playmaker, no game management and bad passing. Lacks the size to be an effective forward.

At least Kenny can tackle.

Kenny will be a 9 won't he though

Munky

Coach
Kenny will be a 9 won't he though

Not my point.

I was attempting to say that Watson is completely ineffective in the 14 role because he just isn't very good at anything but trying hard. An agile tackle bot offers more.

Kenny I don't rate at all as a hooker, however he can at least belt blokes and hold up the middle now in defence (which he struggled with in 2021, left a lot of space in the ruck but improved out of sight in 2022).

Tyrone May at least offered his passing game which IMO was the best at the club when playing fourteen.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Left field option.. David Fafita on the open market. Why not player swap Liam Martin for him? Would absolutely take over Kikaus spot as a threat and we could just slot Garner in for Martin's spot. Obviously we would have to also let Critter go to afford him and top up afew others but imagine Fifita switched on playing in our team instead of an underwhelming Titans and Broncos at the time.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Left field option.. David Fafita on the open market. Why not player swap Liam Martin for him? Would absolutely take over Kikaus spot as a threat and we could just slot Garner in for Martin's spot. Obviously we would have to also let Critter go to afford him and top up afew others but imagine Fifita switched on playing in our team instead of an underwhelming Titans and Broncos at the time.
No where near our budget

Murraymob1

Juniors
He
is on a lot more than martin and is to lazy to fit into our defence systems

betcats

Referee
Puru should be the 6.

He is as tall as Salmon

Dont mind that, as long as he is getting good minutes.

Bit early to be on the turps isn’t it mate?

snickers007

Juniors
Peach coming back just feels right tbh. Think he can still offer us something. The younger guys will get their chance if good enough.

I'm imagining Peachey being a gap filler for NSW Cup, and a regular 18th Man for NRL.
Probably gets a few games in the Top 17 during Origin - but I think Ivan will prioritise our youth over him for short term injury cover.

Latest posts