What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

soc123_au

Staff member
He is. Salmon stated that he wants to stay, I'm just wondering how long we offered?
Ball is in his court if he wants to stay. I guess it depends on how lucrative the Dogs offer is. He did everything asked of him this year and earnt a new deal, but he is never going to be a regular starter here, bench utility is the ceiling. If Dogs are offering good coin, he would be mad not to seriously consider it. His stocks will never be higher than they are right now, so you gotta make hay.

Ball is in his court if he wants to stay. I guess it depends on how lucrative the Dogs offer is. He did everything asked of him this year and earnt a new deal, but he is never going to be a regular starter here, bench utility is the ceiling. If Dogs are offering good coin, he would be mad not to seriously consider it. His stocks will never be higher than they are right now, so you gotta make hay.
And he's got Ivan, and co to thank for that.

soc123_au

Staff member
And he's got Ivan, and co to thank for that.
Yeah, true enough and he has also put in the effort. He would also be crazy not to make a decision based on what is best for him long term. It's not like he is a must keep for us, so no one would be expecting him to make a loyalty based decision, he has only been here 5 minutes compared to most anyway.

Plus he has ticked the winning a premiership box. Once you have done that it's time to cash in I reckon if you aren't a core member of the team.

martielang

Bench
I reckon you may be able to turn Salmon into a decent edge backrower in the Graham type mode. Wouldn’t happen immediately but after a bit of time learning the trade, there’s no reason why he couldn’t start on an edge for us. Doesn’t seem like we’re flush with options.

Iamback

Coach
I reckon you may be able to turn Salmon into a decent edge backrower in the Graham type mode. Wouldn’t happen immediately but after a bit of time learning the trade, there’s no reason why he couldn’t start on an edge for us. Doesn’t seem like we’re flush with options.

Hassett staying gives another longer term option but for the 2 year length, It might be an option if injuries hit

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Exactly. You can't blame the bloke for 'cashing in so to speak'. He is never gunna be on huge money. So any extra will be important (I imagine to him)

The dogs salary cap is gunna get squeezed you would think pretty soon. Especially with some of the high priced players they are currently buying.

Or will Gus do his usual falling out with player x or y to help pay for the incomming.

Kilkenny

Coach
Exactly. You can't blame the bloke for 'cashing in so to speak'. He is never gunna be on huge money. So any extra will be important (I imagine to him)

The dogs salary cap is gunna get squeezed you would think pretty soon. Especially with some of the high priced players they are currently buying.

Or will Gus do his usual falling out with player x or y to help pay for the incomming.
I thinkGus has already done a fair job of outgoings to turn around the Bulldogs salary cap mess he inherited. Corey Allan soon to be out the door should help further.

Kilkenny

Coach
Nothing against Jaemon but I kind of hope he elects to go the Bulldogs. I think we have plentiful options to fill his role going forward. Probably sounds harsh, I just think we have other options who can do the same job with more upside going forward.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Nothing against Jaemon but I kind of hope he elects to go the Bulldogs. I think we have plentiful options to fill his role going forward. Probably sounds harsh, I just think we have other options who can do the same job with more upside going forward.
Garner to take his role imo