What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
I understand why we can’t keep them all, I really do, still don’t like it, it sucks when the system doesn’t allow for some form of compensation when you develop junior talent only to lose them when they about to graduate to the seniors. There surely needs to be some form of salary cap allowance for developing juniors only for them to move on elsewhere.

It is hard. Often it is the player who wants a chance, Those guys that debut certainly should be salary Cap relief

Not sure it can work for Flegg guys

I understand why we can’t keep them all, I really do, still don’t like it, it sucks when the system doesn’t allow for some form of compensation when you develop junior talent only to lose them when they about to graduate to the seniors. There surely needs to be some form of salary cap allowance for developing juniors only for them to move on elsewhere.
We just won every grade, we won’t be getting any favours from the NRL

Wants to win another comp before cashing in I'd say.
The club also has cheaper options coming through the grades, so the extra year suits both player and club
Or the club could be not resigning players, e.g Sorenson, Euthinsen, and Smith, which would mean more money for him.

maple_69

Bench
There’s no money coming from Smith/Sorenson/Eisenhuth deals, we have them cheap at the moment.

I’d say it’s a bridge for him to establish himself as a consistent rep player and win another comp while we develop cheaper options which we currently don’t have ready.

Shame to lose Puru. Like Blore and Hopgood before him, he has the potential to be in that tier of locks just below Murray and Yeo. The club has put a lot into Lindsay Smith though and he’s stuck around for the opportunity (23 in Jan), plus can actually play prop rather than just waiting for Yeo to fall over, so he seems a better fit for our back up lock going forward.

Munky

Coach
The first grade side is one of if not the youngest team in the comp.

The entire side bar Edwards, Kenny and Salmon have played international footy this year.

The path to a first grade gig is blocked like a toilet after a vindaloo.

It would be negligent for a player manager to not look for roles at other clubs.

On another note, I just realised that as a club we were the beneficiaries of two of the worst retention decisions off all time. Multi premiership winning coaches who gave us Priddo and chose Stabby over Api.

Have the Donkey's had a hooker in Priddo's class since?

The entire side bar Edwards, Kenny and Salmon have played international footy this year.

It would be negligent for a player manager to not look for roles at other clubs.

On another note, I just realised that as a club we were the beneficiaries of two of the worst retention decisions off all time. Multi premiership winning coaches who gave us Priddo and chose Stabby over Api.

Have the Donkey's had a hooker in Priddo's class since?.
Stabby?

Iamback

Coach

Have the Donkey's had a hooker in Priddo's class since?

Samoan Star Josh McGuire?