What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Smug Panther

First Grade
The short -term deal for Martin benefits both sides Atm. And it finally allows the club to wrap this deal up.
There is a very strong chance a longer extension for him will be signed by mid next year.
The plan still for the middle eventually? For team balance we currently need him wide but his skillset is better suited in the pigs

maple_69

Bench
Frizell has missed an average of 4 games over the last 3 seasons, hardly injury prone. His form this year was every bit as good as Martin’s, if he wasn’t at a trash club, he’d have been in the convo for Origin and the Kangaroos. He also has just a year left so could absolutely be a viable timeframe for us to plug a gap until a kid is ready.

I rate Tago as a future starter on an edge but it won’t be next year. Playing 40-50 off the bench with Hosking/Martin starting though, for sure I’d love to see that. Would add a nice bit of spark against tired defenders which we’ll otherwise lose next year.

Bob

Juniors
What position and age?

Position Outside Back
Played for the Souths Logan Magpies in this years Hastings Deering Colts

TIM SIELAFF-BURNS (Coombabah SHS)

Signed by the Brisbane Broncos, the Jimboomba Thunder junior is coming off playing in the under 18 South Coast side at the Queensland schools championships. “He is a very strong ball runner who loves to get involved,’’ said Coombabah SHS coach Sam Meskell. “He also has a lot of experience at the higher level playing rep footie, so he will be an important player for us.’’ Sielaff-Burns said being both the school captain and Langer Cup captain was “a great opportunity for me to develop more as a person and become a better young man’’.

I'm gutted to lose Fearnley. Honestly thought he was the MOTM in the Flegg GF. He's a beast imo. Really upset to lose him. I think he'll be really good.
I haven’t seen much of him but there are many on here who have spoken of him for a few years.

What is most interesting is that he has gone for a train and trial contract; if he went for something guaranteed it would be understandable, but that suggests he didn’t see a path to first grade here.

Of course, good on the kid for taking a punt on his abilities. Hope he smashes it at the Sharks.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I haven’t seen much of him but there are many on here who have spoken of him for a few years.

What is most interesting is that he has gone for a train and trial contract; if he went for something guaranteed it would be understandable, but that suggests he didn’t see a path to first grade here.

Of course, good on the kid for taking a punt on his abilities. Hope he smashes it at the Sharks.
Our middle is so stacked. Even our best current backrower is a middle really ;-)

Big Mick

Referee
Our middle is so stacked. Even our best current backrower is a middle really ;-)

Is it though after next year?

Eisenhuth will be gone....maybe Spencer goes for greener pastures instead of re-signing.

Soro has maybe 2 years left probably.

And then we have Lindsay Smith and then who in the wings? Eddie Blacker aint that guy...next ones aside from Smith were going to be Mav Geyer or Fearnley imo in 1-2 years I'd have thought to replace Soro/Leniu/Eiso.

For mine it's a weird call if it was from the club not wanting to retain him.

If it was the players decision - I can't blame him - players make calls in the short term - but honestly feel like in 2 years when he would be ready to go - there would have been a spot for him.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
I wasn't expecting panthers to sign Martin on...kinda expected him to be let go of before the 2023 season started hence why I mentioned Frizell. Obviously since giving Martin an extra year that money is tied up now. Frizell would have slotted into Kiks damaging spot very well and Garner/Hoskings would have taken Martin's work horse role.

Latest posts