What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Is it though after next year?

Eisenhuth will be gone....maybe Spencer goes for greener pastures instead of re-signing.

Soro has maybe 2 years left probably.

And then we have Lindsay Smith and then who in the wings? Eddie Blacker aint that guy...next ones aside from Smith were going to be Mav Geyer or Fearnley imo in 1-2 years I'd have thought to replace Soro/Leniu/Eiso.

For mine it's a weird call if it was from the club not wanting to retain him.

If it was the players decision - I can't blame him - players make calls in the short term - but honestly feel like in 2 years when he would be ready to go - there would have been a spot for him.
100%. I just don’t understand letting go of a guy who appears to have NRL written all over him.

Kilkenny

Coach
We agree on this one
We agree on lots of things actually, I think this is a rather sad loss. I think Brad could become a really good NRL front rower and even if he doesn’t what would it have cost us. I don’t understand why we couldn’t given him what ever the Sharks are offering and see how It pans out for both parties.

I wasn't expecting panthers to sign Martin on...kinda expected him to be let go of before the 2023 season started hence why I mentioned Frizell. Obviously since giving Martin an extra year that money is tied up now. Frizell would have slotted into Kiks damaging spot very well and Garner/Hoskings would have taken Martin's work horse role.
Even if he had signed elsewhere, why would we release one of our best players, who is on a team friendly deal, from the final year of his contract?

1667681822193.gif

Iamback

Coach
Is it though after next year?

Eisenhuth will be gone....maybe Spencer goes for greener pastures instead of re-signing.

Soro has maybe 2 years left probably.

And then we have Lindsay Smith and then who in the wings? Eddie Blacker aint that guy...next ones aside from Smith were going to be Mav Geyer or Fearnley imo in 1-2 years I'd have thought to replace Soro/Leniu/Eiso.

For mine it's a weird call if it was from the club not wanting to retain him.

If it was the players decision - I can't blame him - players make calls in the short term - but honestly feel like in 2 years when he would be ready to go - there would have been a spot for him.

I don't see how he makes a full strength NSW Cup starting team though, In those cases players will always good to back themselves.

Girds89

Bench
The club wouldve been better releasing blacker and giving fearley a shot tbh.

Yes its a tough pathway atm for him to fg but he shouldve been one we kept

Girds89

Bench
Blacker is more FG ready though
I cant see blacker playing fg again with us pending a horrible injury situation.

Hes fitness improved last year but hes lateral mobilty around the ruck in nsw cup was still not great.

Hed get carved up by any decent 9 in the nrl..

Fearnley offers way more potential.

We dont need an nrl ready prop right now. As others have said its in a few years that well potentially need one.

Next year we have plenty of depth and blacker wont get near the fg team.

Iamback

Coach
I cant see blacker playing fg again with us pending a horrible injury situation.

Hes fitness improved last year but hes lateral mobilty around the ruck in nsw cup was still not great.

Hed get carved up by any decent 9 in the nrl..

Fearnley offers way more potential.

We dont need an nrl ready prop right now. As others have said its in a few years that well potentially need one.

Next year we have plenty of depth and blacker wont get near the fg team.

We have our whole Top squad middle rotation in the World Cup thrown in with Hopgood going.

Eisenhuth
Smith
Henry

Still would of been in front of him even doing what you said

I am happy he is aiming for a FG gig but we as a team are in a different timeline

betcats

Referee
We have our whole Top squad middle rotation in the World Cup thrown in with Hopgood going.

Eisenhuth
Smith
Henry

Still would of been in front of him even doing what you said

I am happy he is aiming for a FG gig but we as a team are in a different timeline

The timeline point is a good one. Unfortunately kids want their careers to progress sooner rather than later and if they are off contract getting offered train and trials which is a chance at a proper fg contract some kids will take it. As good as fearnley looked this year what were the odds of him playing first grade for us next year? Realistically slim to none. The club can’t force kids to stay and be patient, some will and some won’t, that’s just the business.

Iamback

Coach
The timeline point is a good one. Unfortunately kids want their careers to progress sooner rather than later and if they are off contract getting offered train and trials which is a chance at a proper fg contract some kids will take it. As good as fearnley looked this year what were the odds of him playing first grade for us next year? Realistically slim to none. The club can’t force kids to stay and be patient, some will and some won’t, that’s just the business.

2024 is the year

Kenny could be Starting 9
Spencer and Sorensen gone
Salmon also getting a big pay day elsewhere.

So it is a big year for the fringe guys to be the next up, I get that want to move on for 2023

Murraymob1

Juniors
Murraymob1 is a front rower.
Age 50+ we tried to trade him to Parramatta, however it was rejected. So we have to put up with.i can come up there and the big heap for a further 12 months.He’s on a pie and can of coke deal. Waste of salary cap space if you ask me.
Hopefully next year we can finally get him off our cap. Good Luck.
The titans are interested .just think we can hang out.get arrested .the strippers under the table are part of the new deal .just think goldcoast panther Life is about to erupt

Original Name

Juniors
The club wouldve been better releasing blacker and giving fearley a shot tbh.

Yes its a tough pathway atm for him to fg but he shouldve been one we kept
We need different types of props though. Fearnley is a 60 minute guy you want starting like Lindsay Smith. Blacker is the 40 minute guy off the bench. With Leniu maybe leaving and the starters re-signed the second is a bit more relevant for the moment. What baffles is we didn't have to chose between them because they're different type of props. He couldn't get a top 34/36 contract seemingly? We don't have that many players better than him.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
We need different types of props though. Fearnley is a 60 minute guy you want starting like Lindsay Smith. Blacker is the 40 minute guy off the bench. With Leniu maybe leaving and the starters re-signed the second is a bit more relevant for the moment. What baffles is we didn't have to chose between them because they're different type of props. He couldn't get a top 34/36 contract seemingly? We don't have that many players better than him.

We have gone for guys like Lisati and Geyer who can play edge and middle