What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Maybe it’s just me, but I find the whole November 1 thing and players being free to negotiate a little tiring.

Im already over the Crichton, Lenui and others will they stay, will they go.

I just wish we knew with some certainty and we can move on one way or the other.

I understand the salary cap and successful sides can have difficulty in retaining players or keeping there side together, but I struggle with how certain sides are supposedly linked to our players and other big money players while already being over the cap and having to shed players just to fit within the cap.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Maybe it’s just me, but I find the whole November 1 thing and players being free to negotiate a little tiring.

I just wish we knew with some certainty and we can move on one way or the other.

I understand the salary cap and successful sides can have difficulty in retaining players or keeping there side together, but I struggle with how certain sides are supposedly linked to our players and other big money players while already being over the cap and having to shed players just to fit within the cap.
The November 1 part is a non issue and a "Trade Window" fixes nothing. Scummy player agents and scummy journalists will always do their thing, it is what it is

Original Name

Juniors

It was changed partially for the sake of the players. Players were required to move states within like a month/two weeks and stuff like that. Uprooting your families within that sorta time frame isn't ideal. So this way players can have a year to plan it out.

MrBlack

Juniors
The November 1 part is a non issue and a "Trade Window" fixes nothing. Scummy player agents and scummy journalists will always do their thing, it is what it is
November is always a slow news month for sport as well. There’s basically nothing else for the journos to write about.
If we really want to keep the players we will. We’re not that club anymore that has to pay overs to attract talent.

Iamback

Coach
Can’t really say I’ve seen enough of him to comment, but obviously others in the know have and it appears he has potential so looking forward to seeing more of him this coming season.

Making top 30 might be a stretch but given he is on train and trial deal. Regular NSW Cup isn't out of the question and is great for development

CCJohnC

Juniors
Reading Zero Tackle Dan Nichols list of underrated players he names for Penrith Moses Leota. I have no problem with that but he goes onto say there is a rumour that he may be on the move in the near future. I find that hard to believe and I have not read that any where. Anyone else heard this?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Reading Zero Tackle Dan Nichols list of underrated players he names for Penrith Moses Leota. I have no problem with that but he goes onto say there is a rumour that he may be on the move in the near future. I find that hard to believe and I have not read that any where. Anyone else heard this?

Leota signed this year didn't he.

Is it Dan and wishful thinking. I doubt that to be the case.