What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Blues Riff

Bench
My thoughts exacty. The dogs are shelling out huge money paying almost overs to entice players at the top of their game, to come on board.

Someone on twitter today showed a photo of Critta, he apparently asked him at a servo at Merrylands whether he would re-sign with Penrith. He said he hoped to re-sign.

So who knows.
In another version of events doing the rounds, Dogs fan approaches Critta at the Servo and asks if he's signing with them. He replies "that's the plan".

Kilkenny

Coach
Nothing we can do then if Critta’s desire to play fullback is a big motivation for moving on. Dylan is one of the best Fullbacks in the comp. No way Critta is going to be looked at as anything other than a replacement when Dylan is injured/on Rep commitments.

But in all seriousness how much dosh to the Dogs have? They must be getting dangerously close to exhausting their cap?
You think. Critta and still in the hunt for Mitchell Moses and or Dylan Brown. Go figure.

Kilkenny

Coach
The salary cap works in mysterious ways.

The Bulldogs were largely struggling to fit in Kikau and Mahoney without shedding other players but somehow or another are bringing in Crichton and still in the market for either Brown or Moses all the while having to upgrade Matt Burton.

Seriously bring back Ian Schubert as NRL salary cap auditor because something smells.

Smug Panther

First Grade

The Bulldogs were largely struggling to fit in Kikau and Mahoney without shedding other players but somehow or another are bringing in Crichton and still in the market for either Brown or Moses all the while having to upgrade Matt Burton.

Seriously bring back Ian Schubert as NRL salary cap auditor because something smells.
Maybe stop listening to Newscorp gossip "articles "

Kilkenny

Coach
Maybe stop listening to Newscorp gossip "articles "
Fair play the Bulldogs is that what your saying?

I don’t get it!

As I’ve said before I’m rather over it.

I just don’t see how the recruitment is possible.

I look at there already locked in roster for 2023 and they are still in the market competing for Crichton, Moses and Lenui.

give me a break here it just isn’t possible on any sphere.

Last edited:

Smug Panther

First Grade

I don’t get it!

I look at there already locked in roster for 2023 and they are still in the market competing for Crichton, Moses and Lenui.

Are they competing for any of them? Or is Gus playing the media? It's his
main talent

I don’t get it!

But at the moment they are jus negotiating for these three players; they haven’t signed any of Critta, Moses or Leniu yet. If they signed all three then maybe that is fishy, but it makes sense they would have their irons in the fire for all three until the things outside their control (ie the players ultimate decision) shakes out.

Murraymob1

Juniors

There working on 2024 they have many off contract going into that year

Iamback

Coach
And Bankstown is so far away?

That is what needs to get weighed up. Take $200k less, That can be made up elsewhere. To pay with mates and be 20 mins from home in a side that is pushing for premierships

Or take the money to play with a new bunch of guys but add an extra hour each way to your commute, In what is going to be an inferior team the next few seasons

Smug Panther

First Grade
That is what needs to get weighed up. Take $200k less, That can be made up elsewhere. To pay with mates and be 20 mins from home in a side that is pushing for premierships

Or take the money to play with a new bunch of guys but add an extra hour each way to your commute, In what is going to be an inferior team the next few seasons
With Edwards no longer being a liability in attack that was the end of Critter and Staines here. His improvement has been incredible and something the club clearly didn't count on.

Iamback

Coach
With Edwards no longer being a liability in attack that was the end of Critter and Staines here. His improvement has been incredible and something the club clearly didn't count on.

You still need quality back up but if Crichton goes, Turuva would be next up. So either way the club is set and hasn't reach the peak yet

Latest posts