What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Any half with any real ability would be crazy to stack on weight to become a utility. Same crazy stuff was said about Burton

Not saying he should stack on weight just as he naturally fills out along with working out as an athlete at Coles height he will be a comfortable 90-93kgs you would think which is enough for him to cover the back row as a utility option.

betcats

Referee
Without Api I wouldn't be risking a bench hooker and Salmon again. We were blessed to get away with it really

I think Garner gives us the option of not playing a genuine utility and Kenny gives us the option of playing one with Kenny spending time as a running forward. No idea how they will go tbh but I think we can pull off both.

Iamback

Coach
I think Garner gives us the option of not playing a genuine utility and Kenny gives us the option of playing one with Kenny spending time as a running forward. No idea how they will go tbh but I think we can pull off both.

Depends if they trust Sorenson to play big minutes in the backrow.

betcats

Referee
Depends if they trust Sorenson to play big minutes in the backrow.

If they went with no utility and trusted Garner to shift to the centres in case of an injury I would expect there is a fair chance we'd have a genuine backrower on the bench, someone like Hoskings, Lisati or even Riki.

Iamback

Coach
If they went with no utility and trusted Garner to shift to the centres in case of an injury I would expect there is a fair chance we'd have a genuine backrower on the bench, someone like Hoskings, Lisati or even Riki.

I think that will happen at times, It is a great way to blood someone. Not sure giving a rookie 10 mins a game is a good long term solution

Panfa

Juniors
What's the difference for t'oo wether its 3 or 4 yrs,does that mean critter is off to the dogs and someone looking to back out of there deal.

betcats

Referee
He is a risk with his style but I'd pay the man

The thing that may save him health wise is he is not making a bunch of tackles each game. Takes plenty of brutal runs but not a heavy defensive workload.

I think he brings a lot to the side off the field also, he is one of those locker room guys who brings players together and makes people laugh and he is Penrith through and through, he rocked up to training last week just to see how things are going and say hello despite not being due back for a while.

Iamback

Coach
The thing that may save him health wise is he is not making a bunch of tackles each game. Takes plenty of brutal runs but not a heavy defensive workload.

I think he brings a lot to the side off the field also, he is one of those locker room guys who brings players together and makes people laugh and he is Penrith through and through, he rocked up to training last week just to see how things are going and say hello despite not being due back for a while.

Unlike JAC he doesn't rely on speed either

Kilkenny

Coach
Without Api I wouldn't be risking a bench hooker and Salmon again. We were blessed to get away with it really
Salmon did the job required in 2022, great job, got himself a premiership ring, but tough decisions are being made and I can’t help feeling we would have been better served using his money elsewhere.