What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Will he, won’t he. It’s all very tiring. Just sign the Bulldogs deal and put us all out of our misery. Terrific player and probably value at perhaps $700k, but if he is being offered significantly more to go to Dogs I wish him well. Thanks for your service.

It was the same last deal, Yet no other club actually made an offer. That is his manager for you

Hooked

Juniors
It was the same last deal, Yet no other club actually made an offer. That is his manager for you

Yes it was. I remember Blade's post a month or two ago saying his negotiations would be painful.

I am glad Christmas is coming up. I get to tune out and don't have to put up with his manager's rubbish, and ad nauseating press articles on in.

Hooked

Juniors
You think the Bulldogs haven’t made an offer?

Verbal I would say. Reports are they are also chasing Moses, George Williams, and Douehi. They couldn't submit offers to all of them.
It would be all verbal until 1 or 2 are keen to do a deal.
I think both sides are getting used by his manager atm.

Iamback

Coach
You think the Bulldogs haven’t made an offer?

Nope. They would of put that they are interested but to actually sit down and talk figures.
In between World Cup and the unknown Salary Cap none of that stuff would happen until next year.

Burton is their number 1 priority, Until they know what he is getting and under the cap then no actual offer will be made

Iamback

Coach
Yes it was. I remember Blade's post a month or two ago saying his negotiations would be painful.

I am glad Christmas is coming up. I get to tune out and don't have to put up with his manager's rubbish, and ad nauseating press articles on in.

Between him and Moses it is a competition for who has the loudest manager

Iamback

Coach
Verbal I would say. Reports are they are also chasing Moses, George Williams, and Douehi. They couldn't submit offers to all of them.

Moses is on $900k now. He will easily get $1m to stay, So the Dogs offer would have to be what $1.3m?

Burton is easily going to be an $800k player, If those 2 signing happen then how can they fit say an extra $800k into a $12m cap?

That is why no offical offer is made, Teams will announce interest. See who is going where then go after an attainable target

Hooked

Juniors
Nope. They would of put that they are interested but to actually sit down and talk figures.
In between World Cup and the unknown Salary Cap none of that stuff would happen until next year.

Burton is their number 1 priority, Until they know what he is getting and under the cap then no actual offer will be made

Good post.

Kilkenny

Coach

It hasnt been an issue in recent times signing big name players without knowing what the cap is going to be. They just make the signings and force others out, no big deal. I don’t agree with it, said it time and time again, the system is flawed. You shouldn’t be @ble to sign anybody unless you are already complying with the cap. Why should any player who has a legitimate contract be forced out because the Dogs want the next shiny new toy.

Cant see why it would be any different with Crichton or anyone else including Moses. They can’t afford Moses, he will stay at the Eels. Dylan Brown could potentially leave for the Dolphins, but I suspect he too will end up staying at the Eels.

Which could backfire one day.

Kilkenny

Coach
A written offer can be made, doesn’t mean it needs to be honoured. Clubs withdraw offers all the time. Until all parties sign on the dotted line nothing is set in concrete.

If I was Gus Gould, I would favour trying to get the Mitchell Moses deal done, yes he is getting on in years, but they need a half back. Crichton, unknown quantity at fullback, ain‘t gonna get the Dogs into the top four. They need a half back. It is popular to put shit on Mitchell Moses, flat track bully and all the rest, but he is a very decent player. Not quite in the Cleary class but he is a quality player.

Kilkenny

Coach
We have just won 2 comps and are still a great chance at winning a 3rd in a row. I have no idea how silly contract talks for NON essential players bothers people. Losing Api was far worse than anything else that can happen
Whose fault was that? Serious question? I’m sure we could of retained him, if we really saw him as an essential player going forward. What was our offer (not that we’ll ever know), what did he sign for with the Tigers? Was it that we made a decision we could move on from Api with the players we have For far less money? I don’t know the answer to any of these questions but I would curious to know?

Key thing. Peter Lang is wrong on things sometimes aka Salmon linked to us and he also said Jock Madden was a done deal at Panthers but was completely off. Could be all wrong

Iamback

Coach
Key thing. Peter Lang is wrong on things sometimes aka Salmon linked to us and he also said Jock Madden was a done deal at Panthers but was completely off. Could be all wrong

Where would he be getting his info from?
Very likely the same leaks that go to all Media