What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
We have just won 2 comps and are still a great chance at winning a 3rd in a row. I have no idea how silly contract talks for NON essential players bothers people. Losing Api was far worse than anything else that can happen

Off season.

No bad player behaviour + Settled coach and playing staff = this

Iamback

Coach
A written offer can be made, doesn’t mean it needs to be honoured. Clubs withdraw offers all the time. Until all parties sign on the dotted line nothing is set in concrete.

If I was Gus Gould, I would favour trying to get the Mitchell Moses deal done, yes he is getting on in years, but they need a half back. Crichton, unknown quantity at fullback, ain‘t gonna get the Dogs into the top four. They need a half back. It is popular to put shit on Mitchell Moses, flat track bully and all the rest, but he is a very decent player. Not quite in the Cleary class but he is a quality player.

Say a written offer is made, As you rightly say Moses is a higher priority.

If he comes back and says I will come but you have to pay extra.

Gus can't then go back to Crichton and say sorry we have to offer less, Crichton would then walk away.

That is why nothing will go on paper until it is 90% certain

Original Name

Juniors
Dogs fan here, really hope you guys retain Crichton. Personally do not want him at all and I want to stop stealing shit from the Panthers over to us. We need to make our own identity and not copycat Penrith. Its ridiculous at this point
When media talk to team mates about his intercepting ability they assume that just reads the game really well and that's why he takes intercepts. But his team mates say he does do that but he also does a lot of video about opposing play makers passing, practices intercepts a lot at training, trains his eyes and his body language to make it look he's going to make a tackle before going for an intercept, etc.

What I'm trying to say is if you get him he will build these things a fullback needs into his game that he doesn't have. He's a pretty dedicated guy when it comes to getting better in areas, whilst still being very very outwardly cocky about his ability.
Key thing. Peter Lang is wrong on things sometimes aka Salmon linked to us and he also said Jock Madden was a done deal at Panthers but was completely off. Could be all wrong
I'm almost sure I remember Blade saying Jock verbally agreed to sign with us.

Iamback

Coach
Peter works at the Western Weekender, one of their senior staff has a father in law on the board

Which again is just x club is offering $x from the manager.

Bottomline is everyone is in a holding pattern for the next few weeks

Iamback

Coach
Manager hoping to force the club to pay overs

Fortunately we have many potential replacements, So have no need to do that

Original Name

Juniors
Which again is just x club is offering $x from the manager.

Bottomline is everyone is in a holding pattern for the next few weeks
Western Weekender is our propaganda arm. If the club doesn't want him to say something and he says it he doesn't keep his job. All one town sports reporters are the same. They have no other choice other than to toe the line of what the club wants if they want to keep their job.

Iamback

Coach
Western Weekender is our propaganda arm. If the club doesn't want him to say something and he says it he doesn't keep his job. All one town sports reporters are the same. They have no other choice other than to toe the line of what the club wants if they want to keep their job.

Exactly, Their journos are good at reporting the clubs point of view. In cases like this they aren't going to fact check

maple_69

Bench
Id love to see Critta get a run at fullback at some point. Obviously would love him to stay a Panther as he’s years off his prime and a top 5 centre, but also keen to see what he could do given the time at the back. The 7 odd games he has played there for us started out atrociously. He was getting panned, but by the end of it he looked pretty good. What does he look like with a few off seasons and 50 games there? He’s got the perfect legs tackle, reads the game well, has nice hands and is a beautiful mover. Plenty of skills to make a killer fullback, particularly since I imagine he’s spent a lot of time learning how to organise defence, the most underrated fullback skill, from Dyl, the best in the business.

CCJohnC

Juniors
Id love to see Critta get a run at fullback at some point. Obviously would love him to stay a Panther as he’s years off his prime and a top 5 centre, but also keen to see what he could do given the time at the back. The 7 odd games he has played there for us started out atrociously. He was getting panned, but by the end of it he looked pretty good. What does he look like with a few off seasons and 50 games there? He’s got the perfect legs tackle, reads the game well, has nice hands and is a beautiful mover. Plenty of skills to make a killer fullback, particularly since I imagine he’s spent a lot of time learning how to organise defence, the most underrated fullback skill, from Dyl, the best in the business.
He kicks quite well and left footed.

Sime_11

Juniors
its all manager mind games - but Critta is the most replaceable player out of Bizza Critta & Spencer - back to back comps (so far) with us - there's no guarantee that Dogs team gets to a GF let alone winning it.

as long as Canterbury are paying a fk tonne more than what we offer - do the right thing for yourself and your family Critta - always a Panther and will be welcomed back with open arms

MrBlack

Juniors
Gould will ruin a salary cap for years if it means one year of glory. He basically said as much once on his podcast (its what the fans want). Look at what Bennet did with the Dragons, Knights and a lesser extent the Rabbits.

Dogs window will open breifly on the next couple of years then slam shut again as they pick up the pieces.

Iamback

Coach
Gould will ruin a salary cap for years if it means one year of glory. He basically said as much once on his podcast (its what the fans want). Look at what Bennet did with the Dragons, Knights and a lesser extent the Rabbits.

Dogs window will open breifly on the next couple of years then slam shut again as they pick up the pieces.

It is just a mess, They are stacking their lower grades and paying overs in the top grade.

Stupid teams like that will extend our reign at the top...So I say keep going

Murraymob1

Juniors
To be fair to Gould the dogs cap was a mess due to heavily over paying average players DWZ was reportly on 800k .He has moved most of these guys on .the dogs have the money for Crighton not sure about Moses
Moses is who they need

Latest posts