What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
To be fair to Gould the dogs cap was a mess due to heavily over paying average players DWZ was reportly on 800k .He has moved most of these guys on .the dogs have the money for Crighton not sure about Moses
Moses is who they need

Mahoney $700k
Kiks $800k
TPJ $700k
Sutton $600k
JAC $600k.

What do we think Burton will get $900k?

There is 1/3 of the cap just on those 6 players

Whino

Bench
Gould will ruin a salary cap for years if it means one year of glory. He basically said as much once on his podcast (its what the fans want). Look at what Bennet did with the Dragons, Knights and a lesser extent the Rabbits.

Dogs window will open breifly on the next couple of years then slam shut again as they pick up the pieces.

I remember that line.
Do you want one successful season where you win a premiership and miss the finals every other year. Or do you want 20 years of making the finals but no premiership.

Whino

Bench
To be fair to Gould the dogs cap was a mess due to heavily over paying average players DWZ was reportly on 800k .He has moved most of these guys on .the dogs have the money for Crighton not sure about Moses
Moses is who they need

Gould didn't sign him but he advised DWZ to go to the Dogs years ago.

Blade23

Juniors
Crichton's management are unimpressed with our verbal counter-offer. Which in my understanding was a fair one.
It is all part of their tactics to put the panic on us and squeeze a bit more out. His manager is trying to drive up the price with fictional figures. All there is elsewhere is interest atm. He did the same thing last time. No other club has submitted a formal offer yet.
A good time to stand firm.

There is a lot of bullshit out there about him. Don't believe it. There is still a fair bit to play out in this one.
Expect more leaks soon.

Don't worry about To'o, they will sort it all out soon.

Bob

Juniors
Crichton's management are unimpressed with our verbal counter-offer. Which in my understanding was a fair one.
It is all part of their tactics to put the panic on us and squeeze a bit more out. His manager is trying to drive up the price with fictional figures. All there is elsewhere is interest atm. He did the same thing last time. No other club has submitted a formal offer yet.
A good time to stand firm.

There is a lot of bullshit out there about him. Don't believe it. There is still a fair bit to play out in this one.
Expect more leaks soon.

Don't worry about To'o, they will sort it all out soon.
It is a good time to stand firm, what happened to the old days when playing for your local club was a privilege, nowadays it’s just an auction, highest bidder wins

Iamback

Coach
It is a good time to stand firm, what happened to the old days when playing for your local club was a privilege, nowadays it’s just an auction, highest bidder wins

To be fair this all seems manager driven, Fortunately we have a stack of options and have no need to panic buy

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Clubs f**k players worse than the other way around.
I tend to agree. Successful clubs are especially ruthless. They have to be. Without that, they get walked over by player managers.

Look at clubs like W/T where the player managers in the last few years have held all the good cards.

There needs though to be a balance.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Not worried that we lose Crichton we lose To'o after I saw Turuva as Groomsman in his wedding, with Turuva by his side To'o and home will make a good partnership

Kilkenny

Coach
Gould will ruin a salary cap for years if it means one year of glory. He basically said as much once on his podcast (its what the fans want). Look at what Bennet did with the Dragons, Knights and a lesser extent the Rabbits.

Dogs window will open breifly on the next couple of years then slam shut again as they pick up the pieces.
I’m not sure why you would feel that way, Gus for all his supposed flaws has been generally acknowledged as the best General Manager in terms of salary’s cap management, legal salary cap management, and that includes Buzz Rothfield.

Wayne Bennett won a premiership with the Dragons, but left them in a mess , his time at the Knights was a disaster.

The Gus haters will never want to go there, but the reality is we are where we are currently off the back of the work Gus did at our club. It is irrefutable.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I’m not sure why you would feel that way, Gus for all his supposed flaws has been generally acknowledged as the best General Manager in terms of salary’s cap management, legal salary cap management, and that includes Buzz Rothfield.

Wayne Bennett won a premiership with the Dragons, but left them in a mess , his time at the Knights was a disaster.

The Gus haters will never want to go there, but the reality is we are where we are currently off the back of the work Gus did at our club. It is irrefutable.
You are way off on his cap management ability. Some off his contracts here were insane.

But he did some other amazing this for us that's without doubt.

Kilkenny

Coach
You are way off on his cap management ability. Some off his contracts here were insane.

But he did some other amazing this for us that's without doubt.
Plenty of those in the know, more than you and I, suggest he was the best or is the best. Seriously you are talking about the contracts handed out to the likes of RCG, Waqa etc but 90% of our f@ns were in raptures when those deals were announced. Not me, I was very vocal on here Around the RCG deal. Other than those and a few others what were his insane contracts. Far fewer than you would suggest.

Someone2

Juniors
Seen a lot of To’o wedding on TikTok

Luai making a D**k of himself again you could To’o was embarrassed and regretting making him best man .

seen a lot of Penrith players in the vids strangely didn’t see the Chin in any of the vids #TeamHarmony

Jacko955

Juniors
Seen a lot of To’o wedding on TikTok

Luai making a D**k of himself again you could To’o was embarrassed and regretting making him best man .

seen a lot of Penrith players in the vids strangely didn’t see the Chin in any of the vids #TeamHarmony

Found this on twitter Your right to'o don't look to impressed

Latest posts