What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

As a rookie, Crichton was centre of the year playing on the left in one of the most dynamic back lines in the game.

Given Burton’s limitations and only being able to play on the left, Crichton was moved to the much less glamorous right side (which doesn’t suit his skill set 100% either). When Ivan decided that he wanted stronger carries out of defence, Critta was moved to the wing; again, no fault of his own.

He moved back to right centre this year rather than being given the plum position of left centre; again to help the development of Tago.

As far as I know he has never complained about this and has put in 100% wherever he plays. He has saved out bacon numerous times.

It is disappointing he is leaving and people might be disappointed in the way it has played out, but to accuse him of not being a team player isn’t really reflective of the sacrifices he has made (and seemingly embraced) for the jersey and team.

As a rookie, Crichton was centre of the year playing on the left in one of the most dynamic back lines in the game.

Given Burton’s limitations and only being able to play on the left, Crichton was moved to the much less glamorous right side (which doesn’t suit his skill set 100% either). When Ivan decided that he wanted stronger carries out of defence, Critta was moved to the wing; again, no fault of his own.

He moved back to right centre this year rather than being given the plum position of left centre; again to help the development of Tago.

As far as I know he has never complained about this and has put in 100% wherever he plays. He has saved out bacon numerous times.

It is disappointing he is leaving and people might be disappointed in the way it has played out, but to accuse him of not being a team player isn’t really reflective of the sacrifices he has made (and seemingly embraced) for the jersey and team.
He regened on a handshake agreement. His contact negotiations are theatrical. I stand by my sentiments.

Munky

Coach

The bloke got maimed playing for this team and got back on the field as soon as possible.

He's played 81 games all up the past three seasons.

Not a bad effort for a guy who is having his integrity questioned.

Also kicked at 82% which is not the conversion rate of a kid who isn't putting in the work off the field.

If he goes Mitch Moses and drives an M1 Abrams on field this season then I'll be at little upset.

Iamback

Coach
The bloke got maimed playing for this team and got back on the field as soon as possible.

He's played 81 games all up the past three seasons.

Not a bad effort for a guy who is having his integrity questioned.

Also kicked at 82% which is not the conversion rate of a kid who isn't putting in the work off the field.

If he goes Mitch Moses and drives an M1 Abrams on field this season then I'll be at little upset.

He is one of those players that looks like they are jogging when on the field, That makes him look worse then his numbers show

Iamback

Coach
It is not Crichton side of the story. It is Ayoub doing all the talking.

"None of this was about Stephen playing FB or seeking FB money."

Yet he left for more money, and to a club offering him the opportunity to play FB.

A pile of spin and shit.

He didn't deny the club offered $700k and a car, That was about the only thing to come from it

I am sure the club re- signed other players because they were easier to deal with.

Crichton reneged on a handshake deal last time. Then under his current management dragged out negotiations very publicly. The club has every right to play a bit of hardball and to show a little patience.

To re-sign him on a 1- year deal, and have him coming off contract the same time as Edwards, would be foolish for the club to entertain. I don't blame the club for their lack of response to that proposal.

Clubs advise players to go to market all the time. When a player's value expectations are not in line with theirs. Sometimes players get a rude shock and rush back to the existing clubs for a deal. Other times the club is the one in for a shock.

Both sides have leaked to the same journalist. The truth usually lies in the middle.

Either way. It is time to move on.

Abacus

Juniors
If he wanted to stay he would have signed the 2 year $700k deal we offered him earlier in the year. He wanted more money though.

We moved to sign other guys because he wanted too much and we cant just wait while other clubs swoop in.

This is all his own doing. Especially after how difficult he made his last contract with us.
Tbf, Ayoub would never let Crichton sign that deal. I've got no issues with losing Crichton - while he's a talent, he's not part of the core so was never going to be able to the club over a barrel for his signature.

Same thing goes for Spencer. I just hope he realises that he can't stay at the club and get the highest offer on the table from across the league - he will need to decide which is his priority.

Iamback

Coach
If he wanted to stay he would have signed the 2 year $700k deal we offered him earlier in the year. He wanted more money though.

We moved to sign other guys because he wanted too much and we cant just wait while other clubs swoop in.

This is all his own doing. Especially after how difficult he made his last contract with us.

Would of been more than that with the 18% ratchet clause and the car.

Ayoub said Tago was done quickly, The club was told what was needed to get To'o done. I wonder if any feedback was given for Crichton