What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
You have a choice.

Stay with your current employer or interview for another role with competitor for more money.

What do you do?

Iamback

Coach
I knew this day will come! When one leaves another follows. This is about their brotherhood not the club! When asked 2 years ago about leaving, SC said we want to win another premiership, well he has another now!

I'm getting quite pissed at the Dogs, Phil, Ciraldo... But this reminds me of the raid Parra did to the dogs in the late 1990s.

I think it's time clubs have to be compensated for talent they produce and added to the other clubs Cap that poach.

I am expected a disrupted season similar to 2019.

To'o has just signed, There is no way he didn't know that Crichton was going.

Whino

Bench
You have a choice.

Stay with your current employer or interview for another role with competitor for more money.

What do you do?

My philosophy is simple.

You take less if you are chasing success at your current club/job. Or you are happy where you are at.

You take the money if you want to set yourself up or seek new challenges.

Each has positives and negatives depending on the individual.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
To'o has just signed, There is no way he didn't know that Crichton was going.
In regards to Spencer, IMO he is as good as gone! Part of me don't blame him. Used incorrectly. Imagine training all week to only play 2 mins or 10 mins (like some games he got) furious sitting on the bench and being taken off the field only to see one time late last year your captain the coaches son refusing to come off and telling the trainer No Im not coming off. F/k Id be mad as hell.

Iamback

Coach
In regards to Spencer, IMO he is as good as gone! Part of me don't blame him. Used incorrectly. Imagine training all week to only play 2 mins or 10 mins (like some games he got) furious sitting on the bench and being taken off the field only to see one time late last year your captain the coaches son refusing to come off and telling the trainer No Im not coming off. F/k Id be mad as hell.

Again though the times he gets 10 mins are the games he has 0 runs or something, His imput is inconsistent

With Kenny being hooker now there is more minutes for a middle, If he is good enough he will get more time. Hard to complain that Ivan is using the bench wrong when we barely lose

There is a reason why he is not trusted at crux points in a match. He still makes defensive misreads coming off the line. He is only 22 that will get better with age. He does have other inconsistencies in offence.
That is why I think Ivan keeps it simple for him. Run hard and leave nothing out there.

I don't agree with how he is used at times but I understand the caution at times. They are not all finished players in their early 20s.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Again though the times he gets 10 mins are the games he has 0 runs or something, His imput is inconsistent

With Kenny being hooker now there is more minutes for a middle, If he is good enough he will get more time. Hard to complain that Ivan is using the bench wrong when we barely lose
Give less work load on Leota and Fisher-Harris, especially against weaker sides. Spencer needs game time to get to where he needs to be. I dont recall those other 2 starting their career like Spencer, I am sure they got alot more time on the field.

Munky

Coach
Spencer was used fine.

The team was in a premiership window and all that mattered was getting the trophy. His usage reflected that.

The team did seem to go on the back foot quite often in Spencer's stints. He's a terrifying unit with ball in hand but opposition teams did look to take advantage when he was in the defensive line (or not if his movement was slow).

Iamback

Coach
There is a reason why he is not trusted at crux point in a match. He still makes defensive misreads coming off the line. He is only 22 that will get better with age.

I don't agree with how he is used at times but I understand the caution at times. They are not all finished players in their early 20s.

One game stood out for the the home game v the Dogs, We had no Origin players. Dogs were dominating so Ivan brought back the starting props.

Spencer in his 13 mins on the field. 0 runs, 0 metres. 13 tackles of course the bench is going to be taken off in those circumstances.

Compare that to the Beast mode Spencer in the Prelim and it shows where he is in terms of his development

Iamback

Coach
Give less work load on Leota and Fisher-Harris, especially against weaker sides. Spencer needs game time to get to where he needs to be. I dont recall those other 2 starting their career like Spencer, I am sure they got alot more time on the field.

Moses in the semi v Broncos in 2017

22 mins. from the 5 runs 44m. 8 tackles

He also used to make dumb mistakes at crucial times as such got less minutes, It is part of developing as a front rower

Stinkfinger

Juniors
GF 21 mins
PF 19 mins (went off concussed)
SF 24 mins
R24 23 mins
R23 33 mins JFH out, Eisenhuth started
R22 19 mins JFH out, Eisenhuth started

Maybe Eisenhuth starting ahead of him was the problem, but when a coach wins back to back premierships, it's hard to point the finger.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Moses in the semi v Broncos in 2017

22 mins. from the 5 runs 44m. 8 tackles

He also used to make dumb mistakes at crucial times as such got less minutes, It is part of developing as a front rower
I remember those mistakes actually. There was a time I thought he wouldnt make it. This is the year Spencer has to be given more time to find that consistancy.

Also I just noticed the Dogs signed Pele too. so Forward thinking at play there and Dogs really going to be a side in a couple years time. Ive started hating them again haha

BxTom

Bench
One game stood out for the the home game v the Dogs, We had no Origin players. Dogs were dominating so Ivan brought back the starting props.

Spencer in his 13 mins on the field. 0 runs, 0 metres. 13 tackles of course the bench is going to be taken off in those circumstances.

Compare that to the Beast mode Spencer in the Prelim and it shows where he is in terms of his development
Was that the game where we didn't have the ball when he was on?

Latest posts