What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Port Panther

Juniors
Nekt minute we are a bottom 8 side then out of the 8 and thr club is like wtf happend .How did we go back to the dark old days .

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Leota has improved tenfold over the last couple of seasons. Arguably our best middle last year, especially in the final series where he dominated. Deserves his place in this team far more than Leniu at this point in his career. Pushing him out for the next shiny toy would be very Penrith of Penrith.

Totally agree. Leota and Fish are comming into their prime.

What's stupid money though?

Probably over $600k. The reports in the media in the last week have hinted it was getting hot. Spencer's management were seeking near $700k.
He is an unprovan starter in my book till he starts and comes back on for a 2nd stint. Then backs it up week after week.

The Realist

Juniors
I was prepared to give club management the benefit of the doubt, in particular given our recent success, however that should not be used as a shield against legitimate critisism.

It would seem that our Roster management is starting to go south again. Others have already covered it. The Critta situation was disappointing given that he ended up going for only a little more than we offered but I could cop it because we are rich in outside backs.

But the Leniu situation is a travesty. I keep on hearing about Fish/Leota/Yeo.....this dog does not hunt. Firstly I do not like comparing #13's to props. They are NOT interchangeable and generally are more similar to 2nd rowers than props. Secondly, they are already at their peaks. Good succession planning would be moving either Fish or Leota on in a few years and having Leniu move into that role right as he is entering his peak.

It appears to me that Spencer didn't feel that his potential was going to be fulfilled at the Panthers and has decided elsewhere. That smacks to me of either poor communication or personnel management by the club. The comments made by Critta make more sense now in light of the Leniu situation.

The thought of an excellent Panthers culture where the boys are all tight and want to stay together - for perhaps a little less money has been shattered. This is something that the Roosters and Melbourne seem to do well - along with moving players past their peak on and replacing with something as good or better.

I guess what I am expressing is fear - fear that despite all the signs we were going to build a Storm like Dynasty that we might be headed back to the semi-competent management of the past. Sure what we built will not just fall in a heap in just a season or two - and we will likely never fall to the depths of the mid 90's or post 2005 but it feels as though we have lost our grip on something that should have been close to 'a sure thing'.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Why do that ? That's cutting off your face despite your nose.

The club I hope will play it's best team in 2023. Needs to do that to win the trophy.
And that's exactly what Ivan will do, he didn't relegate Burton, Api or Kiks out of spite when they announced they were leaving. Ivan wants the best team possible on the field at all times and get the value of every cent we are paying them for their final year.

betcats

Referee
And if Spencer can't play at the level required?

We have elite middles ( Yeo included) Spencer chose not to wait for his time,

Yep it could've panned out that way but there is that risk either way. We know more about what Spencer can do in first grade then we do about whoever will be replacing him next year. Lisati might fall short of the required level or whoever else we bring through.

I was prepared to give club management the benefit of the doubt, in particular given our recent success, however that should not be used as a shield against legitimate critisism.

It would seem that our Roster management is starting to go south again. Others have already covered it. The Critta situation was disappointing given that he ended up going for only a little more than we offered but I could cop it because we are rich in outside backs.

But the Leniu situation is a travesty. I keep on hearing about Fish/Leota/Yeo.....this dog does not hunt. Firstly I do not like comparing #13's to props. They are NOT interchangeable and generally are more similar to 2nd rowers than props. Secondly, they are already at their peaks. Good succession planning would be moving either Fish or Leota on in a few years and having Leniu move into that role right as he is entering his peak.

It appears to me that Spencer didn't feel that his potential was going to be fulfilled at the Panthers and has decided elsewhere. That smacks to me of either poor communication or personnel management by the club. The comments made by Critta make more sense now in light of the Leniu situation.

The thought of an excellent Panthers culture where the boys are all tight and want to stay together - for perhaps a little less money has been shattered. This is something that the Roosters and Melbourne seem to do well - along with moving players past their peak on and replacing with something as good or better.

I guess what I am expressing is fear - fear that despite all the signs we were going to build a Storm like Dynasty that we might be headed back to the semi-competent management of the past. Sure what we built will not just fall in a heap in just a season or two - and we will likely never fall to the depths of the mid 90's or post 2005 but it feels as though we have lost our grip on something that should have been close to 'a sure thing'.
Are you serious?

Black Magik

Juniors
Why do that ? That's cutting off your face despite your nose.

The club I hope will play it's best team in 2023. Needs to do that to win the trophy.
Fairly simple.

As quoted by Blade "The only thing that would have kept him here would have been the love of the club and patience"

Love and patience. Neither were enough for him so see ya Spencer. Bring in the next club loving and patient player.

Black Diamond

Juniors
You guys need to give Garner and Hosking's a chance. You are judging them on 1 game in pre season. Let's just see what they can do with a few games under their belts before we cast them in the trash.

We have witnessed the growth of several average players that have come to our club that have developed into outstanding players in the Panther system.

I am actually excited to see how we manage the challenges thrown at us this year.

Trust the process.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sorry, as much potential as Spencer has. The club couldn't pay overs for a bench prop. What Flegler got from the Dolphins is overs. In my opinion.
The market is too hot right now. Other clubs are offering a premium for our players.

The Roosters are ruthless. That is how they operate.

The only thing that would have kept him here would have been the love of the club and patience. Not everyone is like Luai though.

What did Flegger get and what is Spencer being offered?

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Probably over $600k. The reports in the media in the last week have hinted it was getting hot. Spencer's management were seeking near $700k.
He is an unprovan starter in my book till he starts and comes back on for a 2nd stint. Then backs it up week after week.
For sure, that is huge overs for someone who can't last long on the field. I'm sure if he paced his time on the field he would go 40 mins. Did someone forget to tell him a beach is being built at the lakes?