What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

John Hamblin

Juniors
OUT-OF-FAVOUR TIGER ON LOOKOUT FOR NEW CLUB

Tigers back-rower Shawn Blore could be on the look-out for a new club. Rival NRL clubs as well as Super League teams have been made aware Blore could be available – even potentially mid-season.

Blore played five of the opening six games for the Tigers but has not been seen in first grade since then. The 22-year-old burst onto the scene as a big-hitting back-rower but missed the entire 2022 season after rupturing his ACL in the pre-season. Blore still has 12 months left on his deal.

Source telecrap.

As I said a few weeks ago I think IC would welcome him back with open arms. He has tremendous upside and I.m sure IC can get him playing his best footy.

Black Panther

Juniors
Shawn Blore was one of the best Juniors coming through the ranks at Penrith. Was devastated when the Tigers signed him. Big body who can play edge and middle, a big yes from me to come back.

Don’t really care about his previous injuries. On almost every occasion he played in the Juniors he was the best player on the field. Hope Ivan is looking at bringing him back.

Girds89

Bench
Penrith really need to retain Preston Riki now and hope Lisati comes on as expected. Our reserve stocks are getting pumped now.

Unfortunately lisati doesn't have it I don't think. To slow and lacks a bit of power.

I've said for 2 years tho I think riki really could make a go of fg. For some reason he hasn't really kicked on... but he's looked good since coming back from injury this year.

I hope he gets a few fg games this year..

Luke Bowden

First Grade
OUT-OF-FAVOUR TIGER ON LOOKOUT FOR NEW CLUB

Tigers back-rower Shawn Blore could be on the look-out for a new club. Rival NRL clubs as well as Super League teams have been made aware Blore could be available – even potentially mid-season.

Blore played five of the opening six games for the Tigers but has not been seen in first grade since then. The 22-year-old burst onto the scene as a big-hitting back-rower but missed the entire 2022 season after rupturing his ACL in the pre-season. Blore still has 12 months left on his deal.

Source telecrap.
Sign him.

Great Player, Great Young Man.

Girds89

Bench
He can't crack the tigers fg team...

3 years of serious injuries...

Brain-dead signing.

Great young kid I'm sure but not what we need...

There's plenty of young kids just as good or better that come without the significant risks.

Fangs

Coach
I'd like to know the reason why Blore left in the first place.

He was under contract at the time I think? Was Dean Blore released by that stage?

Original Name

Juniors
I'd like to know the reason why Blore left in the first place.

He was under contract at the time I think? Was Dean Blore released by that stage?
The club probably felt we needed Capewell's experience and leadership to a young forward pack so Blore's path to first grade was blocked for a bit whereas at the Tigers he could pretty much play straight off the bench immediately.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He can't crack the tigers fg team...

3 years of serious injuries...

Brain-dead signing.

Great young kid I'm sure but not what we need...

There's plenty of young kids just as good or better that come without the significant risks.

Like who?

maple_69

Bench
There’s a number of examples of players who weren’t consistently making crap first grade teams and are now running around with rep jumpers after a year or two at Penrith. The guy has a stack of talent and is an Ivan Cleary prototype, we would absolutely get the best out of him. I’d love to see all these more talented kids coming through at edge forward because Blore had Kangaroos captain material written all over him when he was at our club.

If the club likes him as a person, rates his attitude then I’d absolutely get him back. Low risk even if injuries do end up getting the better of him.

Martin extension looms

It’s hoped that Blues forward Liam Martin will lock in a contract extension with the Panthers in the coming weeks. Martin is keen to stay at the foot of the mountains beyond his existing contract, which expires at the end of next year. He signed a one-year extension in February but both he and the club are keen on a longer commitment.

NSW’s best by a mile on Wednesday. Make it happen.

hindy111

Post Whore
The salary cap is an amazing beast.

Other clubs despite having rosters arguably with as many high earners as we do bringing in new recruits and retaining others. Roosters resigning JWH and Tupou despite bring in Spencer and the winger from the knights. Bunnies big signing in Weighton. Eels resigning Mitchell but finding space for Joe Offa.

I don’t feel sorry for our plight, but kinda feel sorry for some of the lesser lights who struggle to recruit anyone of note While the more successful clubs with already powerful rosters are able to bring in further highly paid stars.

Eels lost N.Brown and Waqa end of this year. That's 1 mill. Hodgson will get tap also and that's 400k.
Last season they also lost Mahoney, Papali'i, Marata,Kafusi and replaced with a few NSW CUP players.

On Roosters they do lose Suali.JWH contract will also be a whole lot less then current one. Lodge off contract. Teddys extension would of also be a few hundred K less.

MugaB

Coach
Eels lost N.Brown and Waqa end of this year. That's 1 mill. Hodgson will get tap also and that's 400k.
Last season they also lost Mahoney, Papali'i, Marata,Kafusi and replaced with a few NSW CUP players.

On Roosters they do lose Suali.JWH contract will also be a whole lot less then current one. Lodge off contract. Teddys extension would of also be a few hundred K less.
Why? What this have to do with Penrith, are we suddenly bring back Waqa Blake

There wouldn’t even be a place for Waqa in our NSW cup squad.

The only team that he should play for is either Brothers or St Marys in the Ron Massey cup if he wanted to play for Penrith again.

hindy111

Post Whore

I was replying to someone questioning other sides salary cap.

I imagine Penrith have money. They just aren't paying overs for guys. They put a value and if they walk to walk.
This is the best way not to get into trouble.

Latest posts