What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

If he's leaving Parra due to having his path blocked, why would he come here where the current SOO halves are in front of him?
Maybe he sees what happened to SOS as a great path to follow; two years in the system, playing games during SOO and other times one of the halves are injured and out yourself in the shop window guiding around a good team.

Can’t see him signing with us for 4 years though!!

Iamback

Coach
Interesting stat I heard this morning - over the past 3 years with Cleary 87% win, without Cleary 70% (just behind the Storm’s win rate).
See - Life can go on!

You can also take out those games he has missed due to Origin.

Luai and Yeo are sitting at 80% win rate, This includes the big chunks of the seasons Cleary has missed

Maybe he sees what happened to SOS as a great path to follow; two years in the system, playing games during SOO and other times one of the halves are injured and out yourself in the shop window guiding around a good team.

Who?

age.s

First Grade

He's young enough that playing alongside Cleary could have been a childhood(adolescent) dream.

Exsilium

First Grade
Talk of Luai being let go to accommodate future signings or allowing for cap movement is incredible.

If we retain Luai and added a better hooker, we could put just about anyone in the other positions and remain competitive.

Lose Luai, you risk losing years of continuity and development. Clubs with established halves, always do better than those that chop and change.

We will always be able to develop other positions, halves of our quality is the fruit of years of development.

Talk of Luai being let go to accommodate future signings or allowing for cap movement is incredible.

If we retain Luai and added a better hooker, we could put just about anyone in the other positions and remain competitive.

Lose Luai, you risk losing years of continuity and development. Clubs with established halves, always do better than those that chop and change.

We will always be able to develop other positions, halves of our quality is the fruit of years of development.
I like the idea of Cogger in the hooking role.

Exsilium

First Grade
Cogger has played hooker before, and he 💅 it.

The ultimate hooker would be Nathan Cleary but yes, he has played some hooker out of need.

I think we just lack service and delivery from hooker. If Luke was getting his game time fitness and confidence up, we'd be more comfortable.

I am open to whatever isn't starting Kenny and dabbling with the likes of Luke.

Api was slow out of the box with the Tigers but his class in recent weeks has been indicative of what we know he can do. I don't expect a top tier nine but I do expect the basic requirements of a starting hooker to be service, delivery and game awareness.

Exsilium

First Grade
Any news on when Liam Martin will sign? Is he one of those few announcements?

The longer it takes, the more I feel there's a surprise result at the end of it all.

He's been great, he is good but the longer it drags, the less confident I am.

The ultimate hooker would be Nathan Cleary but yes, he has played some hooker out of need.

I think we just lack service and delivery from hooker. If Luke was getting his game time fitness and confidence up, we'd be more comfortable.

I am open to whatever isn't starting Kenny and dabbling with the likes of Luke.

Api was slow out of the box with the Tigers but his class in recent weeks has been indicative of what we know he can do. I don't expect a top tier nine but I do expect the basic requirements of a starting hooker to be service, delivery and game awareness.
Which Cogger will provide