What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Bred not Bought

Juniors
We don't play young kids though

Yes we do.

Crichton debuted age 18. FG regular at 19.
Tago debuted age 19. FG regular at 20.
Staines debuted age 19. 21 games the following year age 20.
Burton debuted age 19.
Spencer debuted age 19.
Cole got a taste last year age 19.

While I acknowledge Ivan can be a bit conservative at times like playing Peachy over Jenkins. Youth if good enough does get a go.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Corey Paix from the Broncos is being dropped. I think he has decent ability and would be handy on the bench. Broncos are going good and when he comes on they seem to go up a gear at times. Has a 98% tackle efficency and is really starting to try run the ball more lately.

Flashstep

Juniors
Corey Paix from the Broncos is being dropped. I think he has decent ability and would be handy on the bench. Broncos are going good and when he comes on they seem to go up a gear at times. Has a 98% tackle efficency and is really starting to try run the ball more lately.

Yea if he’s fallen out of favour at Brisbane I think he’d be a decent signing for us.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Yea if he’s fallen out of favour at Brisbane I think he’d be a decent signing for us.
Played under 20s origin for QLD and I remember Broncos rated him highly and he was suppose to be their next big thing...only problem was Kevie has his son at starting hooker 🤣🤣🤣

Kilkenny

Coach
We gone through so much salary cap pain this past three seasons and as it stands it is not getting any easier.

We have to be very smart around who we do bring in given we supposedly have very little to spend, which kind of irks me, given no other high profile sides sides seems to be experiencing the same woes.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
We gone through so much salary cap pain this past three seasons and as it stands it is not getting any easier.

We have to be very smart around who we do bring in given we supposedly have very little to spend, which kind of irks me, given no other high profile sides sides seems to be experiencing the same woes.
Yeah love roosters buying up and keeping their stars oh and Rabbits getting Wighton and losing no one is always a laugh.

Iamback

Coach
Yes we do.

Crichton debuted age 18. FG regular at 19.
Tago debuted age 19. FG regular at 20.
Staines debuted age 19. 21 games the following year age 20.
Burton debuted age 19.
Spencer debuted age 19.
Cole got a taste last year age 19.

While I acknowledge Ivan can be a bit conservative at times like playing Peachy over Jenkins. Youth if good enough does get a go.

On those guys.

Again it comes to who was dropped to fit them in. Part of our cap management is bringing in young guys.

Would Tago be a regular if Burton didn't stay?

Burton was fit to go in 2020 and a centre was nee

Look at our NSW Cup backrow

Garner 27
Chris Smith 28
Mav is the outlier at 22

Salmon fits in there too, Very likely Peachey too.

Then you have the fact Sorensen can play prop should a backrower come from the clouds.

That is where we sit after losing the vast majority of depth guys over the last off season

A rough 2024 side

Edwards
May
Tago
Turuva
To'o
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Fish
Sorro
Hosking
Yeo

Cogger
L.Smith
Martin
Henry

Then a few outcasts
Kids
Possibly Salmon and a few others stay on the cheap.

Certainly no young rookie being held back by those guys in front

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach

There is not a side not experiencing Salary Cap issues just because the top sides don't run to newspapers

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Not team news sorry but I've been listening to some of Andy Raymonds podcasts and love the dream team ones...Curious as to who would be in your all time dream team that had to win one game to save your life. For me I'll be picking players I've seen play from 90s onwards. All players picked are in their absolute prime years.

1. Wesser
2. To'o
3. Micheal Jennings
4. Greg Inglis
5. Brett Morris
6. Benji Marshall
7. Andrew Johns
8. Petro 70centsaltr
9. Cam Smith
10. Adrian Morley
11. SBW
12. Greg Bird
13. Yeo

14. Nathan Cleary
15. Sam Burgess
16. Steven Menzes
17. Nathan Hindmarsh (very underrated

On those guys.

Again it comes to who was dropped to fit them in. Part of our cap management is bringing in young guys.

Would Tago be a regular if Burton didn't stay?

Burton was fit to go in 2020 and a centre was nee

Look at our NSW Cup backrow

Garner 27
Chris Smith 28
Mav is the outlier at 22

Salmon fits in there too, Very likely Peachey too.

Then you have the fact Sorensen can play prop should a backrower come from the clouds.

That is where we sit after losing the vast majority of depth guys over the last off season

A rough 2024 side

Edwards
May
Tago
Turuva
To'o
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Fish
Sorro
Hosking
Yeo

Cogger
L.Smith
Martin
Henry

Then a few outcasts
Kids
Possibly Salmon and a few others stay on the cheap.

Certainly no young rookie being held back by those guys in front
Ha ha. Martin in the bench. Having a laugh at our expense!!

hindy111

Post Whore
Avarillo is a gun, can cover centres and fullback, problem is we have martin, luai, edwards and sorrenson to lock up... it wont happen, id love to tho

I don't see why you need them. May returns next year and will take Crightons spot. Plus McLean is meant to be very good isn't he?