What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
He's been around for 2-3 years. In and out of the NRL team but had 44 appearances which is a good starting point for a young prop. Best year was his rookie year IMO. Probably means they will get to keep Paulo. With them already having retained Freddie Mercury he wouldn't get a look in at Parra.

Potential Feefs replacement at a fraction of the cost. Good signing.
Paulo got re-signed a few weeks ago. Should be right to go on the aged pension by the time his contract is up.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I need a new stats site the one I use has been way out a number of times

Well 44, 60 whatever. I only quickly looked it up on Wiki.

There are no good stats sites anymore that I have found. nrlstats.com used to be the go to

Weaponhead

Coach
Kaufusi's stats are very similar to BHU for 2021
Runs per game 9 v 8
Metres per game 81 v 82
Tackle Efficiency 87% v 88%
Try Causes 4 v 3
Errors 7 v 6
Penalties Conceded 1 v 2

BHU has more attacking upside at this point. Kaufusi being 22, his prime is likely still a few years away. Fitz must see potential for him to be a starter in the future.

Special K

Coach
This signing is unlike any we have made in years. When was the last time we signed a player in their early 20’s with 50ish games? Nicho doesn’t count as he was a “star” signing. We normally go for names and that has been hit or miss.

But for those up and comers with experience - BHU? Maybe but he had 1 game to his name. Jack Williams, Talakai, Hunt etc all unknowns. Or we go for the journeyman roster filler like a Tolman. The last up and comer with a decent amount of games we signed that I can remember is probably Fifita. That was almost 10 years ago.

Inferno

Coach
This signing is unlike any we have made in years. When was the last time we signed a player in their early 20’s with 50ish games? Nicho doesn’t count as he was a “star” signing. We normally go for names and that has been hit or miss.

But for those up and comers with experience - BHU? Maybe but he had 1 game to his name. Jack Williams, Talakai, Hunt etc all unknowns. Or we go for the journeyman roster filler like a Tolman. The last up and comer with a decent amount of games we signed that I can remember is probably Fifita. That was almost 10 years ago.
And probably the last one before that was Wade Graham.

We've a few props off contract this year, nice to know we're already looking to make sure we're covered for 2023.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I need something to watch this off season, guess it's now Eels games when Kaufusi plays.

Not surprised if we potentially get him next year too, maybe not Rd 1 but eventually. Eels apparently have some good juniors coming through so might look to develop them over Kaufusi who's leaving.

Also the timing is good. Now we'll hopefully see Hunt, Pele, Williams, Uele really look to impress and have big years. Hunt in particular needs a huge year and maybe Williams not so much as he offers versatility.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Kaufusi's stats are very similar to BHU for 2021
Runs per game 9 v 8
Metres per game 81 v 82
Tackle Efficiency 87% v 88%
Try Causes 4 v 3
Errors 7 v 6
Penalties Conceded 1 v 2

BHU has more attacking upside at this point. Kaufusi being 22, his prime is likely still a few years away. Fitz must see potential for him to be a starter in the future.

I see tackle efficiency as 92% ?

His average meters per game is misleading because if you look at his minutes they're all over the shop. When he only gets 25 mins or so his meters are obviously down but when he's playing 40 + mins he's always having 100m + games.

His last game v the Panthers he made 156m.

We got a good one imo.

I need something to watch this off season, guess it's now Eels games when Kaufusi plays.

Not surprised if we potentially get him next year too, maybe not Rd 1 but eventually. Eels apparently have some good juniors coming through so might look to develop them over Kaufusi who's leaving.

Also the timing is good. Now we'll hopefully see Hunt, Pele, Williams, Uele really look to impress and have big years. Hunt in particular needs a huge year and maybe Williams not so much as he offers versatility.
Redcliffe will go for 1 or 2 of those you mentioned you'd have to assume.

R-15-3

Bench
I wouldn’t be throwing big money at Uele or any of our forwards till after Rd8 onwards to prove what they have got.

Not against signing them earlier but wouldn’t be pushed in a bidding war without more runs on the board first.
If we see enough at training and can get a good deal go for it.

Can’t see us keeping more than 2/3 of Uele, Hunt, Pele.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Hazelton given Tolmans base wage for 2023 as I think he can turn into a great prop, would give him something this year but currently I think we are already prop heavy in the 30.

Weaponhead

Coach
I see tackle efficiency as 92% ?

His average meters per game is misleading because if you look at his minutes they're all over the shop. When he only gets 25 mins or so his meters are obviously down but when he's playing 40 + mins he's always having 100m + games.

His last game v the Panthers he made 156m.

We got a good one imo.
Stats were from Fox Sports.

With Parramatta being heavily invested in Paulo and RCG, Kaufusi has been mainly a benchie with a fairly limited role. He is still young but has a good number of games to know what it takes to play at NRL level. Fitz and Mooney must see plenty of upside.

ghoti

Bench
Like it a lot! Feel like Mooney has a good ahndle on the roster... With Fifita transitioning into a back up prop option now, and on hold coin, not trying to replace with a big name but bringing someone up and into the squad is refreshing. So good to be in a position where we're not just blindly going in for every big name on the market

Frenzy.

Immortal
I wouldn’t be throwing big money at Uele or any of our forwards till after Rd8 onwards to prove what they have got.

Not against signing them earlier but wouldn’t be pushed in a bidding war without more runs on the board first.
If we see enough at training and can get a good deal go for it.

Can’t see us keeping more than 2/3 of Uele, Hunt, Pele.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Hazelton given Tolmans base wage for 2023 as I think he can turn into a great prop, would give him something this year but currently I think we are already prop heavy in the 30.

I thought he was off to the Raiders. Sticky wants him.

Frenzy.

Immortal

That boxing fella was OK. The last one we got from Parra 😃🤣

Special K

Coach
He stuck around with us. Dunno if he is on a T&T but he is at the sharks still. That said so were guys like Josh Carr this time last year and played round 1 for the dragons in cup.

Stake Removed

First Grade
He stuck around with us. Dunno if he is on a T&T but he is at the sharks still. That said so were guys like Josh Carr this time last year and played round 1 for the dragons in cup.
He is a pre season training player with us including
Kayal Iro.
Jackson Ferris.
Tom Hazelton.
Zac Cini.
Sam Stonestreet.
Kai Parker.
Jesse Colquhoun.
Jordan Samrani.
Josh Finau.
Siteni Taukomo.

Reports in Fox sports