What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

chewsta

First Grade
We may have jumped the gun signing Tracey long term. Metcalf does appear to have a lot more upside as a 14. Tracey won't play in the Centres.

Special K

Coach
I like Metcalf but there are still a number of questions over him. I'd probably prefer him over Tracey but that is because I think we have seen the ceiling for Tracey. In saying that the floor for Tracey is much higher than it currently sits for Metcalf. I just don't think you can carry two halves who don't play in the halves in a 17.

It is what is is. I'd rather we try and find the next dominate middle. If he leaves AGAIN there are better judges than us who have let him walk twice(plus the ones at Manly)

Weaponhead

Coach
I like Metcalf but there are still a number of questions over him. I'd probably prefer him over Tracey but that is because I think we have seen the ceiling for Tracey. In saying that the floor for Tracey is much higher than it currently sits for Metcalf. I just don't think you can carry two halves who don't play in the halves in a 17.

It is what is is. I'd rather we try and find the next dominate middle. If he leaves AGAIN there are better judges than us who have let him walk twice(plus the ones at Manly)
Fair points. Lots of hype in here over Metcalf but at present he is 4th in the halves depth chart. If Warriors offer him a starting spot, its understandable that he is strongly interested. Very tough to get a start in the halves at this level.

Warriors seem cold on Harris-Tevita who has 40 games of NRL.

Tiger Shark

Bench
is Metcalf really going?

Nothing official but you know how these things go - when there's smoke there's usually fire and appears that The Warriors leak like a sieve when it comes to player rumours.

So seems likely scenario is he signs for 2023 and agitates for an early release. Lets see how much the Sharks want to keep him. He's not going to free up much cap space so there's no benefit there to release him early.

I really want to see him given a go at centre next year but if he's that keen to sign with the Warriors maybe we don't make an effort to him a position.

Hopefully he gets advice that he should bide his time, back himself and they'll be contracts for him next year, potentially bigger, maybe at the Sharks too

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Would he be in the 30 next year?

If yes then sorry kid you are staying.

We shouldn’t put ourselves in a position where we have to upgrade or buy a player we didn’t have in mind. Metcalf was that player.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
At the end of the day you want players that want to play at the club… good luck to him if he wants to move on and only for a player swap for ‘22. Fitz will keep him if he wants him. Maybe a little f**k you from Johnson too.

Inferno

Coach
Don't the Warriors have a stack of halves?
SJ is back there, they've got Kodi Nikorima, Chanel Harris-Tevita and Sean Sullivan.

How is he higher up the pecking order there than here?

He and Moyza are off contract, why not spend the year battling it out against him for the 14 position?

Given Moyza's injuries he's likely to play a dozen games anyway.

I'd be sorry to lose him but if he can get a starting spot somewhere I wish him the best. His debut was one of the few bright sparks of 2021 for us.

crazy pineapple

Juniors
anyone know much of david riolo's son? apparently we've snared him from the goons

obviously not in the top squad, but i cant find any info on him anywhere

Whose his manager?
Well the grammar police seem to have taken a break. So Ill step in with my own little pedantic shite which I'm not even sure of . Whose V who's .... Whose is possessive form and Who's is contraction of " Who is" which is what I think you mean . ie "...those, whose managers are d..k heads." as opposed to ..... "Who is his manager ?".