What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Weaponhead

Coach
I didn't realise that Hynes is 24, that's late bloomer territory for a half but also physical peak as an adult so I reckon we'll get the best of him.
Exactly. At 24 he has more maturity physically and emotionally. Coming from a quality system that has high expectations. He has plenty of upside with a consistent starting position.

He offers a running and passing threat with a bigger, more robust body than Moylan.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
But paid 600k per season for a 25 year old, 20 game utility back. That makes sense ?
Do not question SuperFitz, after he win three years in row, he is off to cure cancer.

We signed a guy that does not make the Storm full strength team.

Fair amount of promise, I notice Kearney is back assisting Bellamy.

Good assistants, Kearney and Price.

snout

First Grade
Ben Ikin sit down, shut the f**k up and eat a turd!

The Sharks just signed the prized player of this free agent class.

So much for not being able to get a deal done for highly rated players.

Watch all the hypocrites on Facebook jump and down with joy now.

Just to remind them all it was the Sharks board they wanted gone that signed Fitzgibbon.

It is now Fitzgibbon’s relationship with players like Hynes that has got a young class player to the club.

If Morris was still coaching no way we sign a player like Hynes.
I think youll find Ikins criticism of us was the fact we lost Reynolds.
He met with Fitzy. He liked us. We let Fitzy drift out of the negotiations and AR walked.
This time Fitzy met with Hynes. Dad. Manager.
Signed.
So ikin may have been right.

Fitzy probably agreed with ikin because he asked uncle nick could he be part of our recruitment this year - he was obviously concerned about losing his targets

Riccio saying in the Tele that the Sharks are going to try and Keep Moyza now, not Johnson, but only for a year.
Moyza wants to play at the Sharks, SJ wants 2 x year deal worth 600k per year (i think he is worth that), so in the end they are choosing the player who actually wants to play for the club over the one wanting more cash.
C-C-C-Culture change..

ghoti

Bench
Do not question SuperFitz, after he win three years in row, he is off to cure cancer.

We signed a guy that does not make the Storm full strength team.

Fair amount of promise, I notice Kearney is back assisting Bellamy.

Good assistants, Kearney and Price.

I feel like this really isn't being talked about enough in this hype cycle of Hynes and his signing... I'd be a lot more enthusiastic if we signed someone who can make their first 13 (not a slight on Hynes, just nice to see Mr Angry provide the fkn perspective here yknow!)

Eion

First Grade
I feel like this really isn't being talked about enough in this hype cycle of Hynes and his signing... I'd be a lot more enthusiastic if we signed someone who can make their first 13 (not a slight on Hynes, just nice to see Mr Angry provide the fkn perspective here yknow!)
And the cheese isnt playing full minutes as a starting hooker, but I’d take him.

Tiger Shark

Bench
That’s because he is behind Papenhauzen and Munster 2 of the top 10 players in the game.

Hynes makes every other first grade team with exception of the roosters.

yeah exactly, it's f**ken stupid saying he's not in their first 13 when you look at who's in front of him.

So you wouldn't sign NAS who's been off the bench most of the year, or Brandon Smith. I could go on.

Eion

First Grade
But paid 600k per season for a 25 year old, 20 game utility back. That makes sense ?
That’s irrelevant to driving up the cost of AR to root the broncos salary cap you realise?
But sure, in unrelated news, guess we’ll see if nicho was worth it in a couple years.

Feki is bae

Juniors
LOL at some of the comments in here. Some people would probably whinge if we signed Munster or say Trbojevic was too injury prone if we got him.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Put your hand up if based on potential (which is all anyone can base this on) is 600K a good deal for the 2024 season?

I think it’s fantastic value.

snout

First Grade
Riccio saying in the Tele that the Sharks are going to try and Keep Moyza now, not Johnson, but only for a year.
Moyza wants to play at the Sharks, SJ wants 2 x year deal worth 600k per year (i think he is worth that), so in the end they are choosing the player who actually wants to play for the club over the one wanting more cash.
C-C-C-Culture change..
Theres a general consenus on here that SJs a better fit for us than Moylan.
And most posts since last have moylan as a misere to be let go.

Ive backed Moyza on here since he arrived - not always been easy after a couple of dud years - but l mentioned last night he would be the one ld keep.

They both have good resumes.
Both have had injury concerns.
Neither are young.
At the end of day its a bit chrystal ball.

I just know what you get with moylan if he can get his body right. He has consistency.
SJ is one great game out of a lot. what he could do and what he does do is frustrating.
The warriors worked this out. The wunderkid who never really delivered - and now because the zip zip is fading people are talking about him becoming an older wiser halfback who runs a side...??
Thats not this bloke.
Who learns that trade on the wrong side of 30?

Last edited:

Tiger Shark

Bench
A forward? A back?

I'm guessing its going to be the ones we've been rumoured with in Liu and Butcher, but the way McInnnes and Nicho popped out of nowhere it could be anyone!

Love how they keep things so quiet.

Though I do wonder, how did no one spot Gallen, Fiffita, Lewis, Hynes, Dino and Mace at lunch haha. Did they book out the whole place ?