What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

The Sharks and Buzz have clearly kissed and made up with all the articles Buzz is rolling out.
Of course, they are using him like I said they should have before the Morris saga. Now all these articles are coming out softening the blow to the social media plebs, and they lap it up.
I'm just glad the club management read here and took my words seriously, they'll get voted back in now.

Bob Scott

Juniors
It looks like SJ has shown more love for cash than the sharks , so i'm sweet with this if true , i only want players here that want to be here . Not a smart move from SJ as he will just end up at another club struggling while we are on the up .
As for Moylan not sure he's the perfect fit for NH but i will trust the Fitz to make it work , and after the money he's stashed for SFA in the last 3 years he should feel an obligation to work with a reduced salary as a thankyou for our patience , plus will give us some breathing room to find another rising half or better for '23 .
I am in as confident a mood about our direction as i have been since '16 .

Tiger Shark

Bench
They were also told they are allowed to leave straight away if they find another deal

That really says alot doesn't it. To not be even needed this year.

Wonder if SJ might find himself in Canberra ?

Not sure Dugan will have a suitor. Same with Woods. Though Woods leaving might create an opportunity for Pele to get even more time.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Still in SJ’s interest to keep his effort up as he strives for a new contract elsewhere. Reckon the goons will take him on as a replacement for Norman. 1 year deal for Moyza only hmmm. Munster on his way??

sandshark

Bench
Metcalfe, Tracey and Trindall (I think) along with Moylan as choices to partner Hynes.
I'm sure the club will still keep out an eye for another playmaker if one is available.

We're over the re-sign everybody phase which is good to see.
Shame to see SJ getting the boot but I'm buying into whatever Fitzy and the club are doing.
In Fitzy we trust.

Problem now is of SJ goes early that means Chad and his up and unders are back for the rest of the season. Yuck.

Craigshark

First Grade
Probably would have kept Johnson given there is no one better on the open market, but I’ll trust Fitzgibbon’s judgement/plan.

speaking of Fitzgibbon, he’s in camp with nsw.. part of me thinks is this just buzz talking shit

shadowboxer

First Grade
Well he played ok in his 3rd game back for a guy upset. Who kicks BBB.
He has more to offer than MM. Not happy with this call
Playing okay is one thing if your playing week in week out, but SJ is a even bet to play week in week out. Can’t get any cohension with him. Moylan would be considered lucky to stay but SJ, his attitude has been fair at best and sees himself as a gun for hire. He won’t lose any sleep jumping ship for the cash.
I like him - decent player and will probally kick on post career in the media, but he has more breakdowns than a kombi driving across the Nullarbor.

Well he played ok in his 3rd game back for a guy upset. Who kicks BBB.
He has more to offer than MM. Not happy with this call
Well lets put it this way, a couple of weeks ago we had Reynolds and then we didn't, then we got Hynes and most are happy.
Who knows who is around the corner and what the plans are?
I know for 100% that the leaks have gone, so basically not many know what is really happening.

txta2

Bench
Buzz is saying Hynes is the Sharks new number 7
giphy.gif

It seems Finucane may be off our radar, or maybe more smoke screens are shielding

Cronulla have told star trio Shaun Johnson, Josh Dugan and Aaron Woods they will not be offered contract extensions at the club as the club's chequebook goes towards a scrum base partner for Nicho Hynes and backline reinforcements.

NRL.com understands that off-contract big earners Johnson, Dugan and Woods were told by club officials on Thursday that their futures lie elsewhere beyond 2021.

The decision continues a roster overhaul under incoming coach Craig Fitzgibbon after Hynes was signed to play in the halves next season.

Retention talks are underway with Matt Moylan, who is facing a significantly reduced offer to stay at Cronulla, after Johnson was tabled a one-year deal believed to be worth roughly half his current $800,000 salary.

Johnson's reluctance to entertain that offer, as well as the expected offloading of Dugan and Woods, frees up the best part of $2 million in Cronulla's salary cap.

remote.axd

The season so far: Round 7-12

The season so far: Round 7-12

NRL.com understands Cronulla haven't ruled out securing another playmaker in the market if a deal with Moylan can't be worked out either.

Back up half Brayden Trindall remains a re-signing priority as the club continues talks with the 21-year-old playmaker.

The Sharks are still in the market for outside backs given a raft of injuries exposed their depth out wide this year, while both Cronulla officials and Dale Finucane's agent have dismissed any pursuit of the off-contract Storm skipper.

Cronulla already have Cameron McInnes arriving as a lock next year, and Toby Rudolf's re-signing alongside the likes of Braden Hamlin-Uele, Franklin Pele, Andrew Fifita leaving them well-stocked up front.

For the Storm, Hynes's exit frees up some salary cap space to improve their chances of keeping Finucane, although a utility replacement is also a priority.

Melbourne are understood to have made an offer to Broncos half Tyson Gamble recently, however his priority is to remain at Red Hill as extension talks continue.

The Broncos and Warriors were among rival clubs to table offers for Hynes, with Kevin Walters confirming on Wednesday that Queensland stars Gagai, Kurt Capewell and Jaydn Su'A remain on his radar.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/06/03...nulla-call-as-rivals-plot-post-hynes-targets/