What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Tiger Shark

Bench
We nabbed McInnes for 500k, Hynes for 600k. Why are we worried about overpaying? Reports are DF has offers for 600k/3 years. 700k 3 years seems like good value when you average it out across our new recruits.
If the club (Fitz, Mooney etc) are happy to pay a player X then it's fine with me.

Yes we're dealing with examples currently of not getting our value out of some contracts and there's concerns there but I don't think we'll be seeing that again.

It's not like we're out offering DWZ 800k a year. We're talking about a workhorse middle forward who has the leadership on and off the field that we're desperately lacking since Gal retired.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Even 4 years with DF at end of this year he will have played 220 games.
Bellamy is not know to run his players into the ground.
Fitz has seen him in SOO so he would see how he looks after himself.
The guy is a leader, we do need that, the benefits to both Toby and Jack Williams I think will be seen immediately.
We are not just paying for him to play, but we are getting quality human being someone who sets an example

Bob Scott

Juniors
This crap i keep hearing about DF looking for one last big payday is just that for mine , if he's of the character that everybody says he is then he will be putting a lot of different considerations alongside money , he's going to pretty much get decent money where ever he lands , the people he will be dealing with will be of equal importance to him i'm sure , why would he want to be shovelling shit uphill for the last 4/5 years of his playing career .
And for those other considerations i believe we are a big shout of getting him , we have the cash but more importantly we have the right people , get it done .

Quigs

Immortal
I think in a few years time you will see more connor watson types playing the game then the big block heads.

Big bastards won't survive for more than 5 seasons max under this new bullshit game.

Special K

Coach
Watson is cheap, has history with fitz and is 100% effort/good attitude. If we are trying to raise the standard at the club he is a great fit. Fitz wants blokes who would run into a brick wall for him and he ticks that box.

Also Fifita is staying. But if something comes up in March - we will have paid him 400k or so already so he is much cheaper for other clubs if they wanted to pick him up as they would be only paying a part of 400k that is left. But he is staying.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Makes sense we only get half price saved on Fifita for zero play in field. Was always a year too long that one.

Wonder if Graham makes a call.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Don’t think anything will fix his knee to be able to play elite sports ever again.
On that note if a player retires before transfer deadline do we need to fill that spot in the 30 and cost us more money paying 31 players or do they still count and not need to be replaced??

Loaded question kind of. Do you mean medically retire or just retire? 2 different outcomes. Medically retired means we gotta pay him something. Retires means you end your contract voluntarily. He won't retire but if he did we'd have his leftover.

I'm led to believe there is a transition to retirement plan for Feefs being developed. I can't elaborate. It's for next year I think.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Thursday goes too slow. Reckon Finucane is a big chance…we have more coin than anyone available than anyone for next year and given his connection with Fitz and our desperate need for a leader in the pack.

Not saying he's not coming. Am saying I have doubts as before.

But will point out what we don't have is a lot of options for TPPs. It might matter. The cap sucks, we all know it and they key making it fit if 3rd parties.

Storm
Roosters
Broncos
Cowboys

All have access to brown paper bags :)

R-15-3

Juniors
Loaded question kind of. Do you mean medically retire or just retire? 2 different outcomes. Medically retired means we gotta pay him something. Retires means you end your contract voluntarily. He won't retire but if he did we'd have his leftover.
I'm led to believe there is a transition to retirement plan for Feefs being developed. I can't elaborate. It's for next year I think.
Medically, I’m not talking about his payment but if we need to have 30 active players come transfer cut off? As in are we waiting till after it it to retire him to save needing to add and pay another player this year.

Latest posts