What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

R-15-3

Juniors
Reports Klemmer wants out of Newcastle, Newcastle fans will tell you he hasn’t done much since going there but averages over 160m & 0.75 missed tackles a game over the past 2 seasons.
If the price is right would be a decent signing. And a big upgrade on woods numbers.

Bob Scott

Juniors
Reports Klemmer wants out of Newcastle, Newcastle fans will tell you he hasn’t done much since going there but averages over 160m & 0.75 missed tackles a game over the past 2 seasons.
If the price is right would be a decent signing. And a big upgrade on woods numbers.
Not hard to be an upgrade but at the right price and under Fitz i think he could find hi mojo again , it's not that long ago he was a SOO player , you don't just lose that ability , playing in a struggling team doesn't help .

Bob Scott

Juniors
Still got at least 2 years on his contract so if they stump up a decent wedge of his salary he would be a cost effective option .

Moyza has re-signed according to Riccio

SHARKS

In the frame to sign Dale Finucane who alongside the acquisition of Dragons skipper Cam McInnes would complete the Sharks strong forward pack for 2022. Matt Moylan has re-signed on a cut-price 12-month contract while South Sydney’s Braidon Burns is being considered.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Moyza has re-signed according to Riccio

SHARKS

In the frame to sign Dale Finucane who alongside the acquisition of Dragons skipper Cam McInnes would complete the Sharks strong forward pack for 2022. Matt Moylan has re-signed on a cut-price 12-month contract while South Sydney’s Braidon Burns is being considered.

Another for the blackline.

Moyza will be the only white fella

confirmed by the Sharks

Sharks five eighth Matt Moylan has agreed to terms on a contact extension that will see him remain at the Cronulla club for the 2022 season.

The new deal for the former NSW Origin and Kangaroos representative will be for one year.

Moylan has played 144 NRL games, 55 for the Sharks since joining the club in 2018.

The re-signing adds depth to the Sharks halves, with Moylan, Storm recruit Nicho Hynes, youngster Braydon Trindall and the versatile Connor Tracey to be amongst those vying for the six and seven jerseys next year.
Pleased to have come to terms on a new contract, Moylan was aiming to finish the current season on a high note and excited to have the chance to play under the coaching of Craig Fitzgibbon in 2022.
“I’m really grateful for the opportunity to stay for another year,” Moylan said. “I’ve had a few chats to Fitzy and I look forward to working with him, Josh and the coaching staff next year. I’m confident they can make me a better player on the field and help with my development off it as well.
“Until then I’m working hard to get back on the field next week and to finish the season off strongly,” Moylan added.
Moylan had played 12 of 14 games in 2021, until sidelined by a calf problem. Prior to his recent injury Moylan played a pivotal role in getting the Sharks season back on track during a four-game winning streak from round 11.
He will miss the Bulldogs game on Sunday, while aiming to be available for selection for the Sharks round 20 match against Manly.
Sharks coach Josh Hannay was pleased the Sharks had secured his services for 2022 and that Moylan's immediate future had been confirmed.
“I’m really happy for the club and Matt that both parties have come to an agreement for next season,” Hannay said. “
“Matt has been one of our better performers this season and although injured at the moment, he’s shown a greater durability than in previous years. I put this down to Matt having a stronger focus and dedication to his preparation and if he continues to focus on these parts of his game, coupled with his undoubted talent, I believe his best is still to come.”
The 30-year-old Moylan began his NRL career at the Panthers, where he made his debut in round seven of the 2013 season.
While at the Panthers he would go on to play three games for NSW in the 2016 State of Origin series and one Test Match for Australia, before joining the Sharks in 2018.
Moylan’s contract extension adds to the recent re-signings of Trindall, Tracey, Will Kennedy and Toby Rudolf, along with the acquisitions of Hynes and former Dragons skipper Cameron McInnes, as the Sharks look to build a formidable roster for the 2022 season and beyond.