What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Stake Removed

First Grade
James Romanous ex shark off contract at Dogs, on a NRL min salary, might be a option, Fitz talked about juniors and players who played together he would fit into that aspect

R-15-3

Juniors
Big no to Luciano for me, his lateral defence is horrible. He is way to slow for slide defence on the edge he either pushes to early to make up for his lack of speed and gets done on the inside shoulder or is to late and creates the winger/Center coming in for an overlap. Same for rushing up in defence. IMO you can only play him in the middle and haven’t seen him do that well either. Looks a million bucks with ball in hand tho

Tiger Shark

Bench
James Romanous ex shark off contract at Dogs, on a NRL min salary, might be a option, Fitz talked about juniors and players who played together he would fit into that aspect
One of many players who has been a victim of COVID and not getting enough game time to develop over the last few years. Was pretty highly rated by us before he left and I think was impressing at the Dogs too.

R-15-3

Juniors
I would like the nrl to grant each club an extra $400k on next year’s salary cap for each club to extend their squads to 35 with 5 extra players on min wage deals. With no fringe footy for 2 years a lot of players will disappear and clubs needing to risk signing players to a squad that haven’t played in 2 years that may end up being shit. Make it a short term exemption for 2 years that’s an extra 76 players a year getting experience after 2 years it looks like a 17th team will enter the comp when teams drop back to a 30 player squad easing the stress of a new team burden on current playing stocks.

sharkpanfa

Juniors
I would like the nrl to grant each club an extra $400k on next year’s salary cap for each club to extend their squads to 35 with 5 extra players on min wage deals. With no fringe footy for 2 years a lot of players will disappear and clubs needing to risk signing players to a squad that haven’t played in 2 years that may end up being shit. Make it a short term exemption for 2 years that’s an extra 76 players a year getting experience after 2 years it looks like a 17th team will enter the comp when teams drop back to a 30 player squad easing the stress of a new team burden on current playing stocks.
This is one of the smartest ideas that I have read on here.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Let's see which journo picks it up and runs with it as there idea

If this gets mentioned tonight on NRL 360 - Feej will do a nudie run.
giphy.gif

Frenzy.

Immortal

Well thought out. I like this idea

Frenzy.

Immortal
Have to be 525K wouldn’t it for 5 players, the money is 105K now isn’t it?

No. I think min wage was reduced from $100k to $80k when COVID started stealing money. Dev players get $60,000 plus match fees if they get brought up. Often why they are used late in the season.

Chimp

Juniors
Well thought out. I like this idea
The problem with that is the Roosters (and probably plenty of other teams) would end up with players like Josh Morris effectively taking those spots - give good experienced players the spot as back up, rather than a youngster who is legitimately only earning that money and getting experience.
I do like the idea in principle though, would just need to have some sort of maximum games clause, though I’m sure clubs would then just put the likes of Morris in their normal squad and fill those spaces with youngsters who would have been in their squad anyway.

Latest posts