What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Bob Scott

Juniors
Barrett’s last chance. Literally couldn’t have been given more help with this recruitment and Gould on board.
And it still wont help him , for Burns it's another no brainer , Barrett or Fitz , if he picks Barrett he's going for money . Barrett will be found out next season IMO .

PJ

First Grade
And it still wont help him , for Burns it's another no brainer , Barrett or Fitz , if he picks Barrett he's going for money . Barrett will be found out next season IMO .

No, Gould will step in and be running the team. He can't help himself, plus it would be a big step up from Barret.

Barrett will take the credit.

R-15-3

Juniors
I’d suss out if Ben Trbojevic wants to get away from his brother’s shadows and expectations on him.
Earn his own spot and succeed without them.
The kid has ability, only 20 and built like Tommy.
He isn’t a superstar but can definitely be a solid first grader in his own right.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Burns hasn't gone to the 'Dogs. Yet.

This will be the old "manager starts a rumour to make the rivals up their bid" trick for sure.

I don't mind Burns as a standard player but wonder why he can't get a gig in front of Taane Milne, Jaxon Paulo and old Mansour for example.

DJDL

Bench
The dude is 25 years old and, as Frenzy said, can't get a start ahead of some bog-average, or aging, wingers.
There's a reason for that.

I'd be happy enough to pick him up as squad-filler at best. But for mine, he'd be behind Jackson Ferris, JT and Jonaiah Lualua in the pecking order.

Frenzy.

Immortal
^^ bigger than the dogs. surely we have cap space. i really rate Burns and is a centre that actually passes to his winger

What's the Dogs offer then?

You said in the post of yours I originally replied to "theres bugger all centres left out there..". This sounds to me like you'd buy Burns because in your mind he's the best of a bad bunch.

So, if you were in the fruit section of the local supermarket looking to buy an apple and when you got to the apple section there were only 10 apples, all rotten to various degrees. Would you buy the least rotten because it's simply what you went to buy?

That is the first commandment of Cronullafication.

Thou must accept mediocrity

You say he's desired because he passes to his winger. Well not that much. 7 try assists in 40 games over 5 years. I am still wondering why he hasn't been able to "crack it".

He's not horrid but he's really only in the Mawene Hiroti class. Another so so player from Souths,

I'd rather wait till November 1, look at the 2022 off contract dudes and snipe one of them when there is even more money. Then convince them they have a compassionate reason to leave early.

It's about building not trying to buy instant success from the specials in the Woolies catalogue

snout

First Grade
What's the Dogs offer then?

You said in the post of yours I originally replied to "theres bugger all centres left out there..". This sounds to me like you'd buy Burns because in your mind he's the best of a bad bunch.

So, if you were in the fruit section of the local supermarket looking to buy an apple and when you got to the apple section there were only 10 apples, all rotten to various degrees. Would you buy the least rotten because it's simply what you went to buy?

That is the first commandment of Cronullafication.

Thou must accept mediocrity

You say he's desired because he passes to his winger. Well not that much. 7 try assists in 40 games over 5 years. I am still wondering why he hasn't been able to "crack it".

He's not horrid but he's really only in the Mawene Hiroti class. Another so so player from Souths,

I'd rather wait till November 1, look at the 2022 off contract dudes and snipe one of them when there is even more money. Then convince them they have a compassionate reason to leave early.

It's about building not trying to buy instant success from the specials in the Woolies catalogue
Are you saying Burns is a fruit?

Not that there anything wrong that.

chewsta

First Grade
Hopefully Lualua kicks on. He is a big big dude! Would be nice to ad a big rampaging unit with some finesse to the backline.

Edit: maybe I'm thinking of JT? One of those two are as big as Duges and play in the centres.

R-15-3

Juniors
Can’t wait to watch how burns goes tomorrow in the GF!
Oh shit he can’t crack first grade.
At least he must be next cab off the rank with south’s letting Gagai go because they have him as a solid replacement.
Oh shit they haven’t made him an offer.
Next

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Think Burns is pretty fortunate that he’s practically the only centre on the market otherwise there’d be f**k all interest in him. Think I agree with Frenzy and sit back till Nov 1 and see what that brings up. Fitz was necker going to build his dream team in 1 year.

Chimp

Bench
Here’s a left field one - Matt Burton has signed with the dogs for $450k… I’d be in his agents ear, saying it’s a shame he’s not on the market, coz we’d give him $800k to play centre. He’d be back up half too…

If nothing else, would cause some unrest at Bulldogs

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Here’s a left field one - Matt Burton has signed with the dogs for $450k… I’d be in his agents ear, saying it’s a shame he’s not on the market, coz we’d give him $800k to play centre. He’d be back up half too…

If nothing else, would cause some unrest at Bulldogs
From what I’m hearing we don’t have 800k to spend on any one player… need to get about 5 players for that sort of coin.