What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Lachie Miller.
They are surely looking at him as a centre.
It looks like he could play either side, and in the news clip he is doing just that, plus a bit of wing and fullback.
My own judgement says he is an Out and out centre in Rugby League.

Probably for this year anyway….Taylor just a one year deal? Warriors must be filthy with us. First Toby backflips then they waste their money on Lesssgoo then we refuse to release Metcalfe.
We've also sent them back the returning ego himself. Not to mention ayshford, jono wright and old robson.

Feki the reverse, think we did a lot better there.

Meanhfish

Juniors
I’m impressed with the Lachie Miller signing, thinking outside the box filling a position that needs filling when the options in the current NRL centres off contract isn’t that strong, good option for 14 also can fill in all over the park even lock or hooker, good pick up.

I’m impressed with the Lachie Miller signing, thinking outside the box filling a position that needs filling when the options in the current NRL centres off contract isn’t that strong, good option for 14 also can fill in all over the park even lock or hooker, good pick up.
Will be interesting to see how he goes anyway!I hope that dynamic Style suits NRL 2022.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Would have to be the first time an Olympian has played for the Sharks…. albeit 7’a Rugby. I like it too. A guy with the right attitude and nothing to lose.

Inferno

Coach
Apparently when he played league he played 9. Low risk, don't mind it.

I can't imagine it would be much coin. You wouldn't think a Rugby 7s players would be on much more than a league minimum wage. Wouldn't surprise me if it was less.

R-15-3

Juniors
Rugby 7 is actually a big money maker and very professional, multiple tournaments all around the world. Players take it just as serious as nrl with training, fitness and travelling the world living out of hotels.
It’s not perfect but far from pub meals and fast guys turning up on game day as most expect.
Took a big pay cut with covid limiting them more than most.
Don’t think he would come for under $300k tbh

Inferno

Coach
Rugby 7 is actually a big money maker and very professional, multiple tournaments all around the world. Players take it just as serious as nrl with training, fitness and travelling the world living out of hotels.
It’s not perfect but far from pub meals and fast guys turning up on game day as most expect.

Really?

The salary cap for the Tahs is only 5.5 million, you'd think they'd be on more than 7s players.

An article from 2018 regarding the 7s suggests the minimum wage is under $45,000.

They also all took huge paycuts last year - https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...t/news-story/3b3d293ba0338f3e170db4f953f5c421

R-15-3

Juniors
I don’t think he is on $300k now but that’s what I think we will pay for him as he would have other offers from union and league world wide.
7s as a comp would only have from i guess 15 players representing Australia all over the world in multiple comps. Half on low wage half on decent money.

Bob Scott

Juniors
NZ rugby 7's team for the Olympics had a squad of 23 to pick from , not sure what they were all earning but i would assume they all had a contract with rugby NZ . 1 or 2 would have decent contracts as were also in the All Blacks team . Regular starters would obviously be on more but i would assume that the rest would get decent coin as they are away playing nearly every week or 2 somewhere in the world for a large portion of the year . Hope that helps .

Inferno

Coach
Warriors signed Ash Taylor on a trial and train deal. That could cool their interest in Metcalfe at least for next year.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Worth a punt, need a left centre, quite the project, I have very little faith in any Union players defence. However if he is keen perhaps Fitz can teach him. Looks fine in attack.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
But what’s wrong with pub meals?

island pro

Juniors
Worth a punt, need a left centre, quite the project, I have very little faith in any Union players defence. However if he is keen perhaps Fitz can teach him. Looks fine in attack.
At least in 7s you have to make quite a few 1 on 1 tackles, so there might be hope. Time will tell.