What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I beg to differ.

I’m not averse to the idea at the right price. Something like the 50/50 split 2012… mentioned.

We could move Ronnie to left centre, where he played at junior level, Cotric left wing, Tracey left right out.
Hadn’t thought of making a centre out of Ronnie… would need some work defensively but wouldn’t be out of the question imo.

R-15-3

Juniors

crazy pineapple

Juniors
it says in the article he inked a 2 year deal..?

i'd take either at centre, but Miller for me has me more excited.

throw that Mulitalo at centre idea out the with the trash.

i like the fact he stated it was Fitzy who showed belief/confidence in him, and that he liked him as a person that sends waves for me.

going after speed in a game thats speeding up and finding different avenues to do so is giving me faith in Fitz. my man love is growing

R-15-3

Juniors
I meant before th

i like the fact he stated it was Fitzy who showed belief/confidence in him, and that he liked him as a person that sends waves for me.

going after speed in a game thats speeding up and finding different avenues to do so is giving me faith in Fitz. my man love is growing
I meant before this article.

DJDL

Bench

Why? He played pretty much his entire junior career there and in 2017 was considered good enough to represent Qld U18s as a centre.

If we’re short in the position I’d argue it’s more logical to give him a run there than trying to fashion a centre out of Tracey.

FWIW, I’d prefer to leave him on the wing and give one of Ferris/JT/Lualua first crack.

Cotric can languish at the Dogs.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Why? He played pretty much his entire junior career there and in 2017 was considered good enough to represent Qld U18s as a centre.

If we’re short in the position I’d argue it’s more logical to give him a run there than trying to fashion a centre out of Tracey.

FWIW, I’d prefer to leave him on the wing and give one of Ferris/JT/Lualua first crack.

Cotric can languish at the Dogs.

He also played Fullback for QLD too.

Cotric is far superior and first grade rady to Ferris/JT and Lualua. Ferris can't even stay on the field.

Only issue I have with getting Cotric is how much we pay for him. 350-400k seems like an ok deal ?

Chimp

Bench
I’m not sold on Cotric, and certainly not for the sort of money he’s rumoured to be on. He actually reminds me a lot of Shaun Kenny-Dowall. Big, athletic, fast-ish… but also a bit dumb and drops some easy balls…

Craigshark

First Grade
I reckon Cotric could be a great centre.

Katoa, Cotric, Ronnie and Raimen would blast us out of our end on to start sets. Part of the reason we won in 2016 is guys like Holmes, Bird, Feki and Leutele(Ricky was shot out of a cannon the back half of 16) got our sets off to such great starts.

agree, just needs time there to prove himself in a half decent team. You can’t properly judge his performances there for Canterbury. If you can pick him up for 350k it’s a risk worthy bargain. If it fails, so what it’s not like we have any other experienced centre option kicking the door down.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I’m not sold on Cotric, and certainly not for the sort of money he’s rumoured to be on. He actually reminds me a lot of Shaun Kenny-Dowall. Big, athletic, fast-ish… but also a bit dumb and drops some easy balls…

Cotric was a gun for the Raiders and pretty sure almost everyone thought he was a good pick up for the Dogs.

Question on how much he's worth is where people are probably hesitant. He didn't shoot the lights out at centre but probably didn't get a good crack, good ball due to useless halves coaching.

Be very happy if we get him but can't be paying more than 350/375 imo. Dogs can pay the rest for the next 2 years.

Konrad Hurrel going to St Helens. Wasnt he the more desirable centre partner at Worriors lower grade with Feki ? Right choice there I think . Feki might not have scored many tries but his kick returns back up through the middle were a feature of 2016.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Cotric was a gun for the Raiders and pretty sure almost everyone thought he was a good pick up for the Dogs.

Question on how much he's worth is where people are probably hesitant. He didn't shoot the lights out at centre but probably didn't get a good crack, good ball due to useless halves coaching.

Be very happy if we get him but can't be paying more than 350/375 imo. Dogs can pay the rest for the next 2 years.

Yeah but, FMD, he had no halves inside him and bugger all forwards in front of him.

He can easily be reinvented and if he's an offload then the Dogs kick the tin anyway. Be way better than this Miller snorkel who I don't think has ever even player rugba league.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Yeah but, FMD, he had no halves inside him and bugger all forwards in front of him.

He can easily be reinvented and if he's an offload then the Dogs kick the tin anyway. Be way better than this Miller snorkel who I don't think has ever even player rugba league.
He’s played more league than Union from an experience perspective but don’t think he’s achieved much