What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

R-15-3

Juniors
There is a proposal from Sticky that you can bring players outside of top 30 into 1st grade from round 1 instead of from mid season to cover covid
The problem with that is they can be on very very small deals and need to have a 2nd job to survive, that’s not possible if playing full time or kept in some form of a bubble.

I’m a fan of every salary cap increase for the next 5 to 10 years eaten up entirely by increasing min wage and squad numbers.
The better the carrot dangled in front of fringe players will keep more involved and focused on football that leads to better depth and talent = better football.

The days of losing players to union or super league because they could pay more at the top end are gone. No player is switching to union at the top level because of money.

It’s the fringe players going due to lack of spots or union paying overs for an average fringe player.

Tiger Shark

Bench
The problem with that is they can be on very very small deals and need to have a 2nd job to survive, that’s not possible if playing full time or kept in some form of a bubble.

I think they won't necessarily train full time, but just be able to be called up if we need them. It's probably in everyone's interests they train full time but like you said they've got bills to pay.

crazy pineapple

Juniors
I think they won't necessarily train full time, but just be able to be called up if we need them. It's probably in everyone's interests they train full time but like you said they've got bills to pay.
this just exemplifys what r153 said. how good a comp is that gunna be? pizza boys/wingers?
all good expanding merchandise but if you want to survive long term your gunna need to have players behind it

Inferno

Coach
Ash Taylor has made it to the top 25 for the Warriors.

Could spell trouble for Metcalfe.

Johnson signed for 2 years and has a mortgage on a starting half position.

He'd be battling it out with Nikorima, Tavita-Harris and now Ash Taylor.

If Ash Taylor (or one of the others) hit their straps this year he might have a change of heart.

Frenzy.

Immortal
We should make a play for Jayden , could be usefull at lock backup. A very good footballer needs to come home.
Yeah we don’t have enough cover for lock or hooker… (need sarcasm emote) LOL

Anyway saw an article somewhere where the scribe was writing about each clubs depth. Sharks rated in top 3 with tag of Bulletproof.

Next man up culture building steadily. Blokes have been training everywhere

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Anyway saw an article somewhere where the scribe was writing about each clubs depth. Sharks rated in top 3 with tag of Bulletproof.

Next man up culture building steadily. Blokes have been training everywhere
Yeah don't think I've seen a Sharks side in my time with as much depth. With possibly the exception of centre we've got it covered all over the park. With Covid still floating around and the impact of HIA's you need a deep squad to be competitive and/or successful.

shaggs

Coach
For SG Ball, which by the way, kicks off with Round 1 this weekend @ Pointsbet

Carlos is on the bench

Matts 10:00am
Ball 12:00am
Chics after that.
Thank god for footy. I’ll be having a wander over for ball. Need to check out the 14.