What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

chewsta

First Grade
The addition of Hynes, Finucane and Mcinness would make us look like a very dangerous side wouldn't it!
Surely Finucane could move into the front row as well. He is a big mobile unit.

Let it be so, Craig's!

Craigshark

First Grade
Has Angus Crichton re-signed yet with the roosters? I saw talk he would for one year but haven’t seen anything official? I’d love to have a go at him and Manu. Manu showed again the other night he is worth every cent of fullbacks money.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Has Angus Crichton re-signed yet with the roosters? I saw talk he would for one year but haven’t seen anything official? I’d love to have a go at him and Manu. Manu showed again the other night he is worth every cent of fullbacks money.

Dont' think anything official has come out, we should defn look at him for 2023 if he does sign a one year deal.

snout

First Grade
Both will be amazing pick ups but learning from the Reynolds situation I'm not getting ahead of myself till something is official.
I dont like being pegged as 'favourites'.
Signings like reynolds prove the journos wrong who had us over the line - or like mcinnes that prove the journos had no idea.
Touting us as favourites just puts a thought in some players minds ld imagine that says what the f**k would you know before going somewhere else.

R-15-3

Juniors
If McInnes plays 80 at lock it opens up more possibilities for impact front row rotation that we currently have on our books, BHU, Rudolph, Hunt, Pele, Talakai, Fifita**
Finucane is a perfect fit as the solid consistent front rower to match.

southland

Juniors
Hynes as 6. is an exciting prospect.

question is can SJ step up and play the game manager halfback role or do we let him go along with Moylan and remain in the market for a 7.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Hynes as 6. is an exciting prospect.

question is can SJ step up and play the game manager halfback role or do we let him go along with Moylan and remain in the market for a 7.

I think we keep our options open, we don't need to fix every hole in our first year. If SJ is our best 7 next year then so be it, and we keep our options open for 2023 onwards.

Maybe we go Hynes/SJ and Trindall is heir apparent with more grooming and game time. Not sure about Hynes/Trindall next year, it's a pretty green combo.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Yeah I see SJ as a 7 alongside Hynes, hopefully we can get him to recommit to another year or two. He’s playing pretty well on the comeback from a serious injury

R-15-3

Juniors
I see nico as a 1/2 more than a 5/8. Wants to control everything has 1/2 experience he just fits a 5/8 fullback currently at the storm.

snout

First Grade
I dont think Trindall is seen as a halfback any more.
Not by us.
I would also let SJ go.
The step is gone. The zip. His trademark
The achilles worries him. Its his running game that you pay money for. Not anything else he has.
Bloody good goalkicker tho.
Lucky Paps can kick

Last edited:

sharkman73

Juniors
I think Trindall is seen as a halfback any more.
Not by us.
I would also let SJ go.
The step is gone. The zip. His trademark
The achilles worries him. Its his running game that you pay money for. Not anything else he has.
Bloody good goalkicker tho.
Lucky Paps can kick

He's not really, kicks at ~75% over his career. Pretty average really.

SJ doesn't need zip if he's going to play the organiser role, which I think he can.

southland

Juniors
Couldn’t resist…

1. Kennedy
2. Mulatalo
3. Ramien
4. Chambers
5. Katoa
6. Hynes
7. Johnson
8. Finucane
9. Brailey