What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think the goal to maintain it forever is extremely hard to achieve. The NRL goes in cycles and you have to enjoy and make most of the windows that present themselves. If Penrith win another comp this year they have absolutely taken advantage of “their time”. At some point they will lose players and come back to the field a bit but maintaining their stars will keep them competitive.

The reason Melbourne’s window is always open is Bellamy. It’s that simple. He keeps 3 elite players and then finds glue to keep the rest together.

A good recent example of a team that missed their window is Ricky’s Raiders.
Bellamy is one of a kind, he somehow no matter who leaves replaces them.
It's like nothing to see here dosent matter who pulls on a jersey they do the job

Stake Removed

First Grade
I see Knights looking at moving Klemmer on he is 29, on $850k till end of 2023, they are looking at paying a chunk of that.
Should that be half, would there be any value in Klemmer at club for say 2023/24.
Hard nose forward, and with likely Tolman, Fifita and Graham leaving.
Would bring experience in

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I see Knights looking at moving Klemmer on he is 29, on $850k till end of 2023, they are looking at paying a chunk of that.
Should that be half, would there be any value in Klemmer at club for say 2023/24.
Hard nose forward, and with likely Tolman, Fifita and Graham leaving.
Would bring experience in
I will have to put my Lillee avatar back. We’ve spoken before.

Tiger Shark

Bench
There seems to be a real focus on building a team with the right players on the right salary rather than chase the flashy player with big money. This suits the Sharks culture. It may be that in the next couple of years they will look to land a marquee if needed to get to the next level.

Melbourne has gone with 3 or 4 stars on massive coin with a supporting cast then gap fillers. Penrith is getting tested with needing to cough up cash for Cleary. They are smart not getting into bidding wars with non-essential players such as Kikau when they can promote from within and use solid squad players to keep the system working.

Newcastle are all in on Ponga and whilst he is a talent, he won't get them near competing for a comp.
And I think we'll find ourselves in a situation soon for players like Ronnie or Katoa perhaps. Love to keep them but the club might see that as an opportunity to promote within if the asking price for them gets too high. Alot like how the Roosters do it too, know when to move a player on and when to not over pay.

crazy pineapple

Juniors
i disagree tiger, those players specifically are forever grateful to the club and dare say theyd take our clubs offer even if its 85% that of other clubs.

what the club does with these players and their familys off the field is what makes them want to stay here. money isn't a primary focus for either of those players

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
i disagree tiger, those players specifically are forever grateful to the club and dare say theyd take our clubs offer even if its 85% that of other clubs.

what the club does with these players and their familys off the field is what makes them want to stay here. money isn't a primary focus for either of those players
Yeah spot on....same with Sifa. A lot of these guys are pretty humble and grateful for the opportunity the Sharks have given them. I believe Toby took less than the Warriors were offering and BHU has also recently stated that he'd stay at the Sharks for less. Good culture being built by Fitz.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I will be happy if Nikora stays.

Makes me think Wade will go, retire or tigers could worse.

Fifita same boat.

Tigers could potentially take Pele too.

They need experience to complement the young blokes.

Can they do another pre season, that what makes a bloke retire.

Latest posts