What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

crazy pineapple

Juniors
i can see tolman getting another year on a budget contract
to be honest i cant see anyone else off contract at other clubs worth pursuing? maybe jack murchie from the warriors as we only really have nikora, wade and tieg as genuine edge backrowers (assuming sifas a centre now)
adam keiran from the roosters or hayze perham from the eels for their halves/back line utility back up role?
i think were covered for '23. maybe make a play at recruiting some gun juniors although our younger grades are doing well.
might just be a case of keeping it in house to fill spots and just recruit when we need to.
great position to be in

chewsta

First Grade
I don't watch many Tigers games, is Joe O any good? Looked pretty average to me on the weekend, not really that big either for a fronty.
Do others that watch the Tiges a bit, rate him?

Frenzy.

Immortal
where would joe even fit in? we have props and locks aplenty.
he's payed as a starter, who's spot is he taking..?
No, we don't. IF Fifita calls time and Tolman not retained we have 2 experienced props. TPP and Hunt and neither of them have the level of experience Joe O has. In the heaps of props we have are Colqhoun, Hazo and Uele jnr. Most people have also been bemoaning the lack of size in the forwards.

JoeO would grow another leg under FitzShark. He's an international and a Qld SOO player struggling in the basket case which is the Western Sydney Campbelltown, Leichhardt, Concord, Minto Tigpies.

crazy pineapple

Juniors
im not desputing joes skill as a player, i just dont think 600k on a middle forward is really that necessary. i feel that position is pretty well covered. i doubt kaufusi signed a year early to play for the jets.

rudolph
uele
finnucane
kaufusi
williams
hunt
colqhoun
hazelton
tolman?

thats 30% of your top 30 squad
plus there's guna be a fair bit of upgrading to do next year.
another project back rower would be nice and then a replacement for wade next year

Last edited:

R-15-3

Bench
Currently locked in 27/30 for 2023.
Im assuming Tolman, Fifita won’t be staying, Wade is looking likely that would bring us to 28.
I can’t see us now signing anyone else and leaving 2 spots open to start the year with. Unless we see a contacted player leave early.
Out of those 28 our only weakness in depth imo is another edge forward (that’s assuming JC & Williams are classed as middles).

DJDL

Bench
I think Josh Finau might be viewed as the one to fill the edge/middle we need.

He’s still very young but from all reports a gun. He probably won’t see much game time but, like JC this year, he’ll probably get a taste throughout the season.

I’m also expecting Sifa to be shifted back to the forwards next year.

One of Stonestreet or Iro to come in on the wing and Ronnie to move in one. Or Ronnie stays put and Iro plays left centre.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Currently locked in 27/30 for 2023.
Im assuming Tolman, Fifita won’t be staying, Wade is looking likely that would bring us to 28.
I can’t see us now signing anyone else and leaving 2 spots open to start the year with. Unless we see a contacted player leave early.
Out of those 28 our only weakness in depth imo is another edge forward (that’s assuming JC & Williams are classed as middles).

Plus there'll be development players, at least tre or quattro

Frenzy.

Immortal
im not desputing joes skill as a player, i just dont think 600k on a middle forward is really that necessary. i feel that position is pretty well covered. i doubt kaufusi signed a year early to play for the jets.

rudolph
uele
finnucane
kaufusi
williams
hunt
colqhoun
hazelton
tolman?

thats 30% of your top 30 squad
plus there's guna be a fair bit of upgrading to do next year.
another project back rower would be nice and then a replacement for wade next year

Who says the offer was $600k? That's a Tigers price. They pay overs for everyone or they don't fill a squad

R-15-3

Bench
From the videos iv seen of finau he looks more a middle than an edge??
Squad is really well balanced in every position it’s only an edge forward I’d like to add another train and trial or development player to the list.

Frenzy.

Immortal
From the videos iv seen of finau he looks more a middle than an edge??
Squad is really well balanced in every position it’s only an edge forward I’d like to add another train and trial or development player to the list.

Are you counting Sifa as an edge, middle or centre?

R-15-3

Bench
Are you counting Sifa as an edge, middle or centre?
Mainly Center, iv only got Nikora, Wilton & Graham as backrowers with JC probably our next edge but that’s only going by him being used there of the bench a few weeks ago. Iv only seen him play middle besides that. Even with Sifa in the backrow it’s probably the position with the least amount of depth in our squad.

Latest posts