What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

R-15-3

Bench
I suppose the question is can we get by with a 500K fullback or do we need an 800K one to go to the next level?

WK at 400-500K is a bargain he regularly plays above that value. But with a player like that, they might help get you to the prelim or grand final but probably won't win you it.

It may be that fits in perfectly with our cap with more money spent on the rest of the spine. Whoever replaces Moyza in 2 years will probably be on more coin and Hynes will be in for a significant upgrade.

It's an interest position the club is in.

Who are the other fullbacks people would like us to see chasing or developing?
Dykes will be more than ready by 2024 if not force his way in before that.

Special K

Coach
I don't see WK getting 500k.

Panthers - Edwards
Us - WK/Dykes
Cows - Drinkwater
Eels - Captain dipshit
Storm - Pap
Roosters - Teddy/Manu/Suaalii
Souths - Latrell
Raiders - Savage they have gone all in on
Broncos - Walsh
Dragons - ? Sloan?
Sea Eagles - Turbo
Bulldogs - ? Reports of looking at Miller for 24
Titans - Campbell/Brimson
Knights - Ponga ? They just signed a pom to play 6 in 24 and have been linked with Miller.
Warriors - CNK
Tigers - Staines/Laurie
Dolphins - Hammer just signed on to be the 1.

The Knights were reportedly trying to work a way to get Miller for 24 and earlier. Earlier we shut down but who knows for 24. There was a rumour they asked for Trindall and WK for Klemmer but we rejected early on. The Dragons could be a threat but they do not know who the coach is going to be so to make a big spine move without knowing seems a bit iffy. Dogs maybe but they are balancing the books still and can they really get into a bidding war on someone like WK? I think teams will be sweating the outcome of the Teddy/Manu/Suaalii process as Suaallii seems to be cash driven and if someone like the Tigers land Moses(or Brown to Dolphins) it could cause a domino effect with Gutho moving to 6 and Eels splashing

I think WK stays on a modest wage on a short deal. He is a quiet kid, has grown up with this team and seems settled. I can't see him asking for a huge deal. The Dragons should be all over him but they are too busy worrying f**king everything. Dykes vs WK is super interesting. I wouldn't read much into us picking up Puru at 6 just yet as some close to the club believe that is where Dykes ends up still.

Raimen staying on. Ronnie took less than the open market. Sifa got sorted quickly. Dykes knocked back the starting role from Gus and Bennett. Players wanna stay.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Can’t see us spending decent money on both wings, typically you spend on 1 wing then a rookies, fringe and veterans on the other with depth.
Especially with Stonestreet coming through and should be ready in 2024.

WillyK I’m happy to lose as I don’t see him improving much more than what he offers.

Noodles should stay as our premier Center with Iro next drop or if impossible to leave out Sifa can move back into the forwards.
Iro could probably more than handle wing too, could be a good way to get a first grade spot depending on how long Talakai/Ramien remain our centres.

The Dogs have just released Corey Allan, apparently he's going to the Roosters.
I seem to remember some wanting him at the Sharks, or the Sharks put in a bid to sign him. Last time he was available. Not sure.

morton's beanie

Juniors
I wouldn't get in much of a fight for a winger but Ronny and Katoa are 2 of the best in the league and should only get better. Don't forget how good Sione was finishing some impossible tries early 2022 when the backs were humming.

txta2

Bench
There’s a reason why we’re signing all but the flops who don’t stand up at the most important part of the season:
Finals. In which we’ve been as effective as a macrame condom.

This club ain’t winnin’ shit, if we trot out the likes of WK, CT and WG consistently in 23’.
Amen,
pizz em all off and sign Manu or another million dollar star at the back for 5 years

Ozzi_78

First Grade
A single recruit this off-season. The ratings articles would give that a D rating. Dogs top 4 next season is my bold prediction.

A single recruit this off-season. The ratings articles would give that a D rating. Dogs top 4 next season is my bold prediction.
That isn't bold, it's extremely bold!
Look at the Dogs spine. Mahoney,.... and who? A good centre playing 5/8, with a big boot?
If they make the top 4 with that, then Ciraldo is so much more than a genius.

Chimp

Bench
Dogs - just throw as much pop at the wall and see what sticks. The fact they got on the Bronson Popeye without the spinach train speaks volumes. Salary cap anyone
I suspect Gus has the inside info on where the salary cap will land and is basically spending it ahead of time, including paying for players to play elsewhere to create squad spaces.
Unless they land a gun 1 or 7, they’ll be middle of the road, at best.