What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Stake Removed

First Grade
Don’t give him an upgrade at one peril. Someone else will in a heartbeat.
As said he is Cinderella and the story will only get better as time goes on.
The blokes young, single and no kids. So just him solo. Once he gets settles down with kids, then he might not be so self less.
I’m sure the club will likely scree it up though. History says so.
Also being single no attachments is a lot easier to get up and go and take money elsewhere.
900k is still probably unders considering we have Brailey signed long term.
Most players would understand unless you are a bloody standout in your position 1,6,7,9 get paid the most maybe then the 13.

Inferno

Coach
Arguably you get more value out of him not playing rep footy because he misses fewer games for us...

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Yep he would but to some degree we took a punt on him (never played half back and not a lot of first grade) and paid him arguably overs for 3 years at 600K. He is also the kinda guy who I think would feel embarrassed/pressured if we upped his 2nd and 3rd year contract to 900K.

Absolutely upgrade him on 900K for 25 and onward but let it play out as contracted for the next 2 years.

Maccas4177

Juniors
Have just seen something which said Kotoa expected to sign with Dragons by the end of the week…. Anyone else see or know about this?

ragzouken

Juniors
Surely you pay him and hope he does take that next step (he will)
Build everything around him trusting he can play at that level imo,he brings just as much off the field as on, gets us constant good pr, blokes want to play with him and probably get us on side with refs etc

imasharkie

Coach
Fair reply but right now I don’t see him as a 900 player to be honest. Yeah won the M and all that but at the end of 23 I may be convinced. I stand by though a 1/3 increase would lose a key player elsewhere.
have to agree with you. We will see how he goes 2nd year syndrome.

roboshark

Coach
Surely not. Lose Miller and Dyke's. Have signed no-one. Why would we release him?? Doesn't make sense if true

Frenzy.

Immortal
Katoa has been everywhere talking to clubs since he got back from The UK. Thinks he is worth more than what Sharks offered.

There are bigger fish to fry

DJDL

Bench
Surely not. Lose Miller and Dyke's. Have signed no-one. Why would we release him?? Doesn't make sense if true

Stonestreet? Iro at a pinch.
I love Big Sexy, but have felt for a while his we’d lose him.

Too many youngsters coming through to keep them all and, of those off contract, he’s the most expendable IMHO.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I’m completely meh about him. Good finisher but I don’t see potential in him like I do Ronny. Him WK and BT are whatever if they walk.

Latest posts