What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Jack Wighton going to market. Yeah sure I get it but he rips us up. If he ran out for us somewhere in the team this weekend I’d love to watch him.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Jack Wighton going to market. Yeah sure I get it but he rips us up. If he ran out for us somewhere in the team this weekend I’d love to watch him.
He will test the market for 6 weeks he has option still with Raiders, I can imagine he is wanting a 3 maybe 4 year deal.
Tigers will pay him 1m plus.
He would be upgrade on Moyza but we couldn't afford him, I don't think he will take unders unless he wants to go to Roosters for the culture

shadowboxer

First Grade
I’m sure Mr Ricky Stuart practise of accounting will come into play - worked for Corey Hughes well.
Weigton ain’t going anywhere

Special K

Coach
Wighton is chasing cash. Good on him but you can see his personality based on how he speaks and has acted the last 10 years in first grade. He is all about himself.

Nicho will get paid. The club won't fluff around and he will take less to keep the squad together because he wants to win. Look at how he has handled being on 600k after winning the dally m. The only noise is him/the club saying they are looking to do a longer term deal and redo his final year of the current one which is only fair for everyone. Wighton wants as much money as he can get. He is opting out of a 1 million dollar option. Very different. I bet he stays anyway and he just forces Canberra to cough up more cash. They give him 3-4 extra seasons at that rate. Can't be a fun convo with Ricky who is also all about himself.

I'd say Nicho, Fitz and the club are just trying to tie down Wilton, Kennedy who are in the final stages so they know what exactly they can do with Nicho. Don't forget guys like Finucane who have a contract that decreases in the final year (2025) and that is 350k they can move from Dale right into Nichos first year of his new deal.

fizman

Bench
So the Journalists are SHOCKED that Wighton would even consider going to the open market highlighting the potential impact on the ever loyal and No.1 Canberra Raider Ricky Stuart - Laughable.

The K Man summed it up beautifully - Stuart is about himself.

I hope that Wighton does leave just for the Journalist meltdowns > Kent, Crawley, Rothfield etc.

Stake Removed

First Grade
So the Journalists are SHOCKED that Wighton would even consider going to the open market highlighting the potential impact on the ever loyal and No.1 Canberra Raider Ricky Stuart - Laughable.

The K Man summed it up beautifully - Stuart is about himself.

I hope that Wighton does leave just for the Journalist meltdowns > Kent, Crawley, Rothfield etc.
This will be another Moses, drag on and on and stick with Wighton when he extracts every cent from Raiders who will go no where and lose quality youngsters over this

R-15-3

Juniors
Could be true or could be taking a guess to make out they are in the know.
AGM tonight into the bye week so a good chance we announce something very soon.
I could come out with a statement claiming at least 1 deal done and 1-2 more likely to be announced this week or so and good chance I’m right

Stake Removed

First Grade
Nicho on SEN just said he put an offer in for a house in the shire…. Just saying.
The NRL need to bring back that old rule, now this is old my late dad would tell me about it.
Players could only play in district they lived, get that back now.
I can just see how many more we can pick from