What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Special K

Coach
Half the NRL does. On the Nicho house stuff I will again refer to the person behind the player as something to feel more comfortable about than the house.

$50 on a Kennedy/Katoa double announcement before the game this weekend.

Quigs

Immortal
The NRL need to bring back that old rule, now this is old my late dad would tell me about it.
Players could only play in district they lived, get that back now.
I can just see how many more we can pick from
My Old Pop, lived in Sydneyham, a Bluebag through and through. He used to tell me the story about the players living outside of their districts. He'd go off his head bout Facer and Co pilfering Newtown and stealing players like Raper and Clay.

He said at one stage there were about 8 Stains players registered and living at Facers own home.

Rorters back then and still the Stinking Stains.

So the Journalists are SHOCKED that Wighton would even consider going to the open market highlighting the potential impact on the ever loyal and No.1 Canberra Raider Ricky Stuart - Laughable.

The K Man summed it up beautifully - Stuart is about himself.

I hope that Wighton does leave just for the Journalist meltdowns > Kent, Crawley, Rothfield etc.
Totally agree Fizman.

I mean Canberra aren’t doing anything special in the next few years so why shouldn’t he look for as much as he can get for his final contract.

Stake Removed

First Grade
My Old Pop, lived in Sydneyham, a Bluebag through and through. He used to tell me the story about the players living outside of their districts. He'd go off his head bout Facer and Co pilfering Newtown and stealing players like Raper and Clay.

He said at one stage there were about 8 Stains players registered and living at Facers own home.

Rorters back then and still the Stinking Stains.
My old dad used to live in Redfern, I think we might have heard some similar stories.
I heard a few St George stories won't be repeating

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Do we loan out Iro?

Seems they signed all back 5.

He is too good for Reggies, not sure who. First grade against quaility, even in a losing side is better than competition you have mastered. Just IMO

Wilton will keep Sifa out there and he is great.

Can you call them back upon injury?

SharkShocked

Bench
1680127822006.png

Hope we have succession planning for Stonestreet / Iro

Club has done well to hold on to everyone with them all off contract at the same time - have to give them big credit there.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Iro, is he that good? In the limited moments I've seen, he looks ok. Not as good as the current starting backs. Tracey is infront of him on the ext bench. What have I missed?

R-15-3

Juniors
Imo Iro is down the pecking order because of his defence. Iv got Stonestreet as next winger up & the most likely rookie back to play firsts but has Tracey, Hiroti, Ikavalu in the mix 2.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Iro can't play till round 10.
He can attack has defence issues.
Stonestreet interesting got a run in centres last weekend with Iro out. He maybe another option in centres.
Be great Katoa another 3 years but just a contract as long as not over and it wouldn't someone might want him and we move him on after 2

Big Bloke

Juniors
View attachment 71888

Hope we have succession planning for Stonestreet / Iro

Club has done well to hold on to everyone with them all off contract at the same time - have to give them big credit there.
You see, I don't understand why the NRL or clubs allow journos to make these type of announcements. I know Riccio is one of the better ones around but if he has announced it, what's the point of the club doing it? What happened to the good old days when everything was kept in house and not announced until the proper people did it?

Maccas4177

Juniors
Sharks superstar Nicho Hynes has declared he wants a 20 year contract with the Cronulla club, revealing his aspirations to be a coach after his playing days are over.

The 26-year-old originally signed a three-year deal reportedly worth $600,000 per-season to make the move from the Storm and is free to negotiate with rivals come November 1.

After winning the Dally M Medal in 2022, his value has skyrocketed and Fox League’s James Hooper revealed Cronulla bosses have begun negotiating with the gun halfback.

Speaking on SEN, Hynes made it clear he wants to finish his career with the Sharks before taking up a coaching role.

“There’s been talks, everyone’s talking about it a little bit,” Hynes told SEN 1170.

“I just hope something happens and gets done, my manager will sort that out and the club will sort that out, so hopefully they’re talking as we speak because I’d love to stay... then hopefully I’m here forever.

“Ideally I’d love to be here for the rest of my career then I’d like to go straight into coaching... give me a 20-year contract Sharks.”

Post-football Hynes also explained that he has “always wanted” to transition into coaching and believes the ambition stems from his love of “helping people”.

“Yeah I do (have ambitions to be a coach), big time, I’ve always said I wanted to be a coach, I just love it,” Hynes added.

“I love helping people out, I love helping young kids realise their dreams.

“So hopefully one day I can be a coach to hand a debut jersey, that’s the ultimate (dream) for me, I’d love to do that.

“I’ve always told Fitzy (Craig Fitzgibbon) that and every time he makes a stressful call he looks at me and say, ‘Do you still want to be a coach?’.

“But obviously you have to start somewhere and I could be a development coach, then into an assistant, then one day work my trade and become a head coach, that would be nice.

“I know I have to start somewhere and if I could an assistant at NRL level our a development coach, I’d be happy to do that but coaching is for me.”

According to Hooper, Hynes’ next contract will likely see his stay extend to the end of 2028.

The gun halfback also made his first appearance of the season against the Dragons in Round 4, finishing the game with seven line breaks and four try assists.

From Fox Sports website

You see, I don't understand why the NRL or clubs allow journos to make these type of announcements. I know Riccio is one of the better ones around but if he has announced it, what's the point of the club doing it? What happened to the good old days when everything was kept in house and not announced until the proper people did it?
Until I read it in next weeks Big League (sadly not in existence anymore) it's not official. Maybe Tim Webster can announce it on Sports Tonight.

Latest posts