What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie124

First Grade
"friend of a friend" kind of thing, i honestly didnt think much of it, havnt heard it from anywhere else either..... still, thats how most rumours start isnt it?

would be interesting.

cb4

First Grade
how is he goin over seas??
i reckon he would attract more interest than just 3 clubs

gong_eagle

First Grade
In Kevin heaven
Jason Avedissian

31 May 2008
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/200...89_sports.html

New Catalans boss makes Bell his first big name target

INCOMING Catalans coach Kevin Walters has targeted Manly centre Steven Bell as a priority signing.

Walters joined the French club last week and has already held initial talks with the former Maroons centre.

Bell is off contract at the Sea Eagles and could easily command more money playing in the English Super League.

Walters told The Manly Daily last night Bell still has plenty to offer and expects to secure him to a two-year contract over the coming weeks.

``We are very interested in him,'' the ex-Queensland and Australian five-eighth said.

``I have spoken to Steven but it's still early, we've only just started talks.''

Manly CEO Grant Mayer said he was aware of the interest in Bell from Catalans and indicated the Sea Eagles could only offer the 32-year-old a one-year deal.

``From what we understand it's (Catalans interest) a longer deal than we can offer,'' Mayer said. ``We'll see how it plays out in the coming weeks.''

Bell is not the only off-contract Sea Eagle commanding attention in Europe with veteran forward Steve Menzies linked to a radical move to Castleford at the end of the year. At 34, Menzies has been widely tipped to retire at the end of this season.

His manager Wayne Beavis yesterday refused to deny the English club was interested in his client.

``No comment, it's purely speculation,'' Beavis said. ``I don't know what he's doing at Manly yet. It's a matter for him to decide.''

The speculation saw Castleford post a statement on their website yesterday, refusing to be drawn on pursuing Menzies.

``We are in talks with overseas players with a view to signing for next year but there is nothing to announce at the moment,'' the bland statement read.

Hooker Matt Ballin is another Sea Eagle off contract. The 24-year-old is expected to commence discussions with Manly next week.

With Brisbane hooker Michael Ennis strongly tipped to join the Bulldogs in 2009, Ballin has been linked with a return to his junior club.

stuke

Bench
speculation that Newcastle are trying to off-load Luke Walsh after the re-signing of Dureau. Warriors were interested but nothing coming from it yet.

cb4

First Grade
i like the kid
pretty good player
saw a bit of him as a junior when i was in newy

cb4

First Grade
thanks for the link
sounds like a crock
probably tryin to get back to a team where he was gifted with alot of talent around him and just had to finish off, rather than use his talent and make others in the uk around him a bit bettter

lotti

Bench
Matt King ------> Back to Aus. (Titans/Souths or Bulldogs)

homesick
he's looking towards the Storm not those clubs, there are rumours a dialogue has started between team King and the Storm, if he comes here he'll be welcomed back with open arms we've missed him.

cb4

First Grade
this season he might have got an upgrade due to get ROY and playin foor australia

Status
Not open for further replies.