What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
So....Jeff Lima, Jason Cayless and sam Burgess have all been rumoured to be linked to the Tigers. Tigers could get only one I think, and i would say that would be Lima after news broke that the Warriors had a play at him but his manager said he wanted to go back to Sydney and that that were having strong talks with the Tigers. Seems Burgess is going to souths.
What about Cayless, he's looking for a club....
Wairangi Koopu is good enough to keep playing, any takers?

skeepe

Immortal
you will see joe picker in a storm jersey next year

I f**king hope not. Do you have a credible source on this one? I know you don't need one to post it in here, but I would hate for it to come true.

In other news, Adrian Purtell to the Panthers that I broke a week ago is looking more likely after he was unwanted by all ESL clubs.

D

Deleted member 10972

I am shocked that the Storm would be releasing Lima.

For the past few seasons, he has been one of the most consistent props in the NRL.

To put it in context, the ONLY other props to average 100+ metres for the past 3 seasons are:

Justin Poore
Fuifui Moimoi
Steve Price
Nathan Cayless
Roy Asotasi
Petero Civoniceva
Luke Bailey
Steve Price

That is the top rung of props.

legend

Coach
With the Raiders releasing so many players, I dont' see Furner letting Picker go.

I know we have a lot of players off contract next year but Picker is a player definitely worth keeping.

legend

Coach
With the Raiders releasing so many players, I dont' see Furner letting Picker go.

I know we have a lot of players off contract next year but Picker is a player definitely worth keeping.

Bench
Jeff Lima ---- Warriors
Dosent look likely now.

EXCLUSIVE: THE Warriors have missed out on securing the services of Kiwis and Storm hard-hitter Jeff Lima, who now looks set to sign a deal with the Tigers.

The Storm prop is contracted to the Melbourne outfit for two more years but has been told the club will consider releasing him if he wants out.

His agent Sam Ayoub recently had discussions with the Warriors about the possibility of signing Lima but it's understood his preference would be to move back to Sydney.

"A little while ago, for personal reasons, Jeff asked if he could be released so he could move back to Sydney," Ayoub told Sunday News yesterday.

"Melbourne knocked him back at the time and said they wouldn't release him. As it turned out, he's sorted out his personal issues and remained down there.

"However, Melbourne have since come back and said they would consider letting him go to Sydney if he wants to.

"I spoke with (Warriors CEO) Wayne Scurrah and the Warriors did express an interest in Jeff.

"To be honest, though, I did convey to them that if Jeff was to leave the Storm it would be for the purpose of moving to Sydney."

Ayoub said it was possible Lima, who played for the Tigers in 2004, would move back to his old club.

"We've had some discussions with the Tigers just as we've had some talks with some other Sydney-based clubs as well," he said.

"In a sense, if it worked out, Jeff's initial preference would be to move to the Tigers because that's where he's come from and he has some very good friends there.

"It's for that reason we are potentially leaning towards the Tigers if we can make it happen."

andrew123

Juniors
Tigers could get only one I think, and i would say that would be Lima

I am shocked that the Storm would be releasing Lima.

Dosent look likely now.

EXCLUSIVE: THE Warriors have missed out on securing the services of Kiwis and Storm hard-hitter Jeff Lima, who now looks set to sign a deal with the Tigers.

The Storm prop is contracted to the Melbourne outfit for two more years but has been told the club will consider releasing him if he wants out.

"We've had some discussions with the Tigers just as we've had some talks with some other Sydney-based clubs as well," he said.

"In a sense, if it worked out, Jeff's initial preference would be to move to the Tigers because that's where he's come from and he has some very good friends there.

"It's for that reason we are potentially leaning towards the Tigers if we can make it happen."

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=868759

I'm not leaving Storm, insists Lima
Several Melbourne players will have their last game in a Storm jersey in Sunday's NRL grand final but prop Jeff Lima is adamant he's not one of them...

Spitty

Juniors
I think Jeff Lima is playing games.

When asked about signing with the Tigers, he said in the latest article, "I don't know where you'se got that from."

The answer is "YOUR MANAGER!" - See the previous article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts