What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
Asotasi wouldn't have had to even move house to make his switch.

Hodges will not move back to Sydney, a city he dislikes and where a lot of his personal demons remain, even if he was offered $100,000 more then what the Broncos are willing to pay.

I've heard the Broncos are willing to fork out near $400,000 for him so i'm 100% sure he'll stay with the broncos.

As for Canberra - it's canberra. They'd have to chuck $300,000 at Carmont just to get him to go there.

Well said.

Hodges will not move back to Sydney, a city he dislikes and where a lot of his personal demons remain, even if he was offered $100,000 more then what the Broncos are willing to pay.

I've heard the Broncos are willing to fork out near $400,000 for him so i'm 100% sure he'll stay with the broncos.

As for Canberra - it's canberra. They'd have to chuck $300,000 at Carmont just to get him to go there.

good point there, hopefully he will want to make a fresh start :D

lockyno1

Post Whore
Rabbitohs2005 said:
good point there, hopefully he will want to make a fresh start :D

won't happen with souths with williams or whoever the heck you have in your halves!:lol:

skeepe

Immortal

Canberra is far better than that sh*thole of a town your team comes from mate. What's you beef with the Raiders anyway? One of the players steal your girlfriend or something mate?

RABK

Referee
skeepe said:
Canberra is far better than that sh*thole of a town your team comes from mate.

That's your opinion. Personally i wouldn't live in either because there is f**k all to do in both and the night life absolutely sucks. Sydney kills both.

skeepe said:
What's you beef with the Raiders anyway? One of the players steal your girlfriend or something mate?

No beef, infact i was a big Raiders admirer throughout the early 90's like many rival fans. Enjoyed watching them immensely.

The rivalry between Knights fans (Myself, Johns Magic, Jobdog etc) and Raiders fans (Yourself, Raider_69, Raider_azz etc) certainly fuels a lot of heated banter and abuse on here but to me it's nothing personal. ;-)

skeepe

Immortal
Fair enough. I'm an ol' Canberra boy, doesn't take much Canberra bashing to get the hackles up :lol:

A certain positional switch of a brilliant 5/8th will be done next season, saving the club in question a major dilemma.
He's not too shab on kick returns either.
And, despite the denials in today's press, it's done
And HAD to be done
Quote me on it

RABK

Referee
Benji Marshall :arrow: Fullback?
Greg Inglis :arrow: Fullback?
Darren Lockyer :arrow: Fullback?

I didn't read the paper. :LOL:

smeghead

Bench
themanonthehill said:
A certain positional switch of a brilliant 5/8th will be done next season, saving the club in question a major dilemma.
He's not too shab on kick returns either.
And, despite the denials in today's press, it's done
And HAD to be done
Quote me on it

Another one of your hot scoops there mulvihill????

Remind me again of your last bold prediction and how far wrong you were

It's one of the 3.
Think of the ages of the 3 incumbents at those clubs and you will pretty much guess it
There are denials in today's press
They're false
Deal was done last night

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
On TV last night, there was a suggestion that Stacey Jones may leave Catalans a year early and return to the NRL with the Tigers

Reading between the lines it appears the fullback was the most expendible of the lot all along. They have Morris for 3 and have been after a halfback with names like Monaghan, Kimmorley, Jones etc mentioned. The fullback's form has been down and the knee is obviously still a concern as anyone who watches can see. Will allow Marshall to be taken out of the front line which appears the only reasonable solution to protecting the shoulders. I think long term it's the only practical solution as I fear one more major shoulder injury could be the end

smeghead

Bench
themanonthehill said:
Care to have a wager smack ?

Ok.

So what you are saying is at the start of the 2008 season the permanent first choice fullback for the Tigers will be Marshall???

Name your bet

I am saying Hodgson won't be there.
Marshall may still wear 6 but defend at 1, thereby swapping with Lawrence or McDonnell or whomever.
$100 says Hodgson won't be there

smeghead

Bench
Ahhh now that is a different thing all together.

I actually agree Hodgo won't be there.

Your post indicated that Marshall would be fullback. This is what I was calling u on Mulvi.

If Benji is named in the Number 1 jumper round 1 2008 I will gladly give you $100

colonel_123

Juniors
themanonthehill said:
Reading between the lines it appears the fullback was the most expendible of the lot all along. They have Morris for 3 and have been after a halfback with names like Monaghan, Kimmorley, Jones etc mentioned. The fullback's form has been down and the knee is obviously still a concern as anyone who watches can see. Will allow Marshall to be taken out of the front line which appears the only reasonable solution to protecting the shoulders. I think long term it's the only practical solution as I fear one more major shoulder injury could be the end

So basically what you're saying is that this...

Tigers fullback Brett Hodgson proved player loyalty still exists by confirming he won't ask for a release from the final year of his deal to take up a lucrative offer from Super League club Huddersfield.

"I'm contracted here for next year and I love my footy here," said Hodgson.

"Even beyond that I'd love to still be at the Tigers.

"When an offer comes on the table you've always got to consider. It would be a wonderful opportunity but as I said my priority is to make sure I'm at the Tigers definitely for the near future anyway."

http://news.leaguehq.com.au/nrl-silly-seas...072931-fym.html

...was a lie and that Hodgson is actually going to leave, Marshall will move to fullback, Morris to 5/8 and that a deal has already been done to bring Stacey Jones, Brett Kimmorley or someone else (Dobson or Blake Green have been linked to the club) to play half-back?

The club has been talking to a number of halves about coming to Wests but I'm not sure it means Hodgson will leave (especially after confirming he's going to see out his contract) since Morris can play a number of positions anyway (be a bit like Burns at the moment for Manly) and even if there's three halves at the club there's no guarantee Marshall will see out a season. I think the club is more worried about ensuring they have depth in the halves rather then looking to turf the captain (or John Morris) from the club.

smeghead

Bench
:lol

Already said I agree with you. From what I had heard his knee will need more work at the end of the season and than he will go and cash in his retirement in the ESL or take up a position with the club

Smeghead:
Marshall may well have 6 or 7 on his back. He will defend at fullback is my point. Out of the front line. He can wear no 345 on his back but willplay fullback when we don;t have it
And to accommodate that Hodgson will leave (and has agreed to).
Now if you agree with me, why did you feel the need to be argumentative on it ?

Colonel 123:
I'm not saying it was a lie. It may have been the circumstance at 3pm yday when the journo got the quote for this morning's papers. Things change. Some things have to be done even though thy aren't ideal. Sometimes people may have to work overtime even if they don't necessarily want to

smeghead

Bench
Mulvi in your initial post you did not say Marshall would be moved to the back in defence only. Your statement implied he would be playing fullback in every way. That is my point of disagreement with you

Status
Not open for further replies.