What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
So DCE has backflipped. All over the news. I guess Sezer may now.

What a shit system.

I have my doubts on the whole thing. Just because of all the suggested things that were going to happen and never did.

I have no idea if this is true. I don't even know if I as a fan want him at Manly any longer. The whole thing has been an awful mess and for what? I'm loving people saying how it would be terrible and unfair for the Titans. But then you have to think they were stupid to sign before round 13 anyway, and it caused a hell of a lot of damage to our 2015 season rather than their season. I have no sympathy at all. They should have learned the lesson Ricky Stuart should have figured out last year. Yet he still signed another early season player again this year...

Having said that though, the system is an absolute disgusting mess for both sides of the contract sagas for all of these 'signed' players for 2016. If they don't fix this, they will lose a lot of support from the NRL.

the whole up till round 13 backflip thing is ridiculous. Another on the hop decision based on media pressure to retain stars.
I can honestly say I don't remember the last player Newie signed and had them back flip. We may not sign superstars often but we are good at keeping the ones we do most of the time. Gagai being the most obvious example. Scott is leaving on compassionate grounds. Very different reasons.

Last edited:

ram raid

Bench
A few thoughts ....

This could all be bullshit.

If i was the Titans i'd be withdrawing the offer to DCE. If he doesn't want to leave Manly then why would the Titans want him.

Cherry-Evens is an up himself goose.

Cherry-Evens is a great player but he's being over valued atm.

Titans should tell DCE to f**k off and throw cash at Sandow and Elgey and keep some cash for a forward.

Gippsy

Bench
The round 13 thing is not the problem, it's allowing players to sign for other clubs so far ahead of time. Just need Merrin to backflip now & I'm happy.

Having said that, bring in a trade window & the problem's solved.

Noname36

First Grade
the whole up till round 13 backflip thing is ridiculous. Another on the hop decision based on media pressure to retain stars.
I can honestly say I don't remember the last player Newie signed and had them back flip. We may not sign superstars often but we are good at keeping the ones we do most of the time. Gagai being the most obvious example. Scott is leaving on compassionate grounds. Very different reasons.

We can't have anyone backflip on us. We don't sign anyone to begin with...

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Why is everyone up in arms and ripping into the bloke. The main source is who? A journalist that called around and since no one would speak to him he came to this conclusion?

Dogs Of War

Coach
A few thoughts ....

This could all be bullshit.

If i was the Titans i'd be withdrawing the offer to DCE. If he doesn't want to leave Manly then why would the Titans want him.

Cherry-Evens is an up himself goose.

Cherry-Evens is a great player but he's being over valued atm.

Titans should tell DCE to f**k off and throw cash at Sandow and Elgey and keep some cash for a forward.

Throw cash at Sandow? I needed a laugh.

rabbitohs95

Bench
That will be the second mid season signing,they must have been well under the cap as minimum wage has risen.

Third actually

Nathan Brown from Tigers
Darren Nicholls from Broncos

Paul Carter isn't contracted to anyone and would be on a low wage considering his indiscretions. Not necessarily a signing we need to make but it would help McInnes if Issac Luke got injured considering we haven't got a hooker he can rotate with.

BranVan3000

Coach
That will be the second mid season signing,they must have been well under the cap as minumum wage has risen.

It was reported a few weeks back they had around 100k in the cap. Might have been a bit more to sign two minimum wagers

BranVan3000

Coach
Third actually

Nathan Brown from Tigers
Darren Nicholls from Broncos

Paul Carter isn't contracted to anyone and would be on a low wage considering his indiscretions. Not necessarily a signing we need to make but it would help McInnes if Issac Luke got injured considering we haven't got a hooker he can rotate with.

He would be more of a lock at this point

rabbitohs95

Bench
He would be more of a lock at this point

Yeah of course, I was just pointing out that it would help McInnes if ever he had to come in for Issac.

We have plenty of back rowers though, although the likes of Sorensen and Gosiewski don't give me confidence if they have to be called up. Sutton, Stewart, McQueen, Grevsmuhl, Clark and Lowe are plenty to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.